Car Setups

#113thpaladinPosted 5/11/2011 7:20:01 PM
Anyone have any setups that work??? I keep sliding into the wall on every lap
#2DrzxclusivechulPosted 5/12/2011 9:43:05 AM
the default setup is fine...just break earlier and then get on the gas slowly. If you really want setups then google Nascar the Game 2011 setups and you will find a bunch of pages
#3barrysshoesPosted 5/12/2011 2:20:54 PM
the default setups in this game are way too tight for me...usually what I do is usually lower the left side tire pressures and take out a little bit of wedge. For some reason when I tried this at Atlanta and Texas my car was uber loose in the middle of the corners but at the other tracks the handling was near perfect.
#413thpaladin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2011 10:25:41 PM
Yeah most of the default ones are good but at the short tracks I can not stay off the wall
Need to figure out how to set up the car so I stop side swiping it
#5barrysshoesPosted 5/21/2011 11:23:13 AM
13thpaladin posted...
Yeah most of the default ones are good but at the short tracks I can not stay off the wall

That's most likely from accelerating too quickly in the turns....at Martinsville drive it HARD into the turns and get on the brakes hard, roll through the corner for aabout 2 seconds while not using gas or break then gently pick up the throttle as you exit the turn and then get on the throttle hard right before your car gets completely on the straightaways.
#6jumpingmustangPosted 5/30/2011 7:32:17 PM
barrysshoes posted...
13thpaladin posted...

That's most likely from accelerating too quickly in the turns....at Martinsville drive it HARD into the turns and get on the brakes hard, roll through the corner for aabout 2 seconds while not using gas or break then gently pick up the throttle as you exit the turn and then get on the throttle hard right before your car gets completely on the straightaways.

Kills the tires though.
---
Not changing my signature untill the Twins win the World Series. 6/29/10
#7RxIFEPosted 6/11/2011 4:46:12 PM
This page has great setups http://nascarsetups09.clan.su/forum/41
---
"Think you I would forget such a thing? NO!"-Alucard
#8iarngriparPosted 6/12/2011 5:08:43 AM
I thought that this game was lame. There weren't too many adjustments etc.... I was wrong!
I will be posting my setups here when I line them up. I am also one of those folks who feel the default setups are way too tight. I feel like I'm driving a fully loaded dump truck. Way too "pushy" for my taste. The basic adjustments are way too vague. It is good to dabble in the advanced adjustments. It may seem like a daunting task.
What I like to do is to use the default setup for, lets say...Pocono, for instance. (2.5 mile track, tri oval). Once again, the car is way too tight. The gearing is too tall, third gear is way too short, I'm tight in, tight out in all turns, I'm at 8500rpms at the end of the front stretch, 8000 at the entrance of the tunnel turn and around 7500 rpms at the end of the final turn. A quick remedy for the gearing situation at Pocono is:

Approach 1st turn from off the wall. Hard on the brakes at the final marker, (on wall) coast the apex, then back on the gas and ride the wall to the approach of the Tunnel Turn. (you will find a grove here either riding the "high line" or staying in the Groove itself). When the Groove becomes visible, brake early, and turn late, (Downshift into 3rd just after you brake in the tunnel turn). Back on the gas, ride the wall (in third gear), until just before the third marker (on the wall), you should be between 8750-9500rpms. Let off gas, turn late, (just before the "Safer Barrier") and coast through the final turn all the way to the approach of the exit. Back on the gas, riding the wall, up to 9500 rpms, shift up to 4th on the front stretch well before the Start/Finish line. (You will be slightly slower out of the Tunnel Turn, but you will certainly pick up the speed needed to carry you through the final turn). I will post the actual setup for Pocono in the near future. " Bump" and "Sway bar" settings are important here at Pocono, so too are "Track Bar" adjustments. Remember too that as with any track, gearing and aerodynamics are trade-offs. Also "Clean air" and "Dirty air" are a factor when adjusting gears, if the gear is too short, you will redline in the draft at the ends of the stretches. It is wise to make a "Qual." setup (clean air) and a "Race" setup (dirty air), with the gear setup tall enough to ride out the stretches in a draft. Good luck and "Happy Racing!!"
#9iarngriparPosted 6/12/2011 5:14:28 AM
Use "Bump" adjustments at Atl and Tx, it's helpful.
#10barrysshoesPosted 6/12/2011 3:51:11 PM
iarngripar posted...
Use "Bump" adjustments at Atl and Tx, it's helpful.

I've found that bump and rebound adjustments are the best at the flat tracks (M'ville, NH, Pocono, Indy, road courses). It's pretty helpful at Atlanta too but you really have to mess with the sway bars and weight distribution to get the car to stick in the middle of the turns.