How to connect locally?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dungeon Defenders
  3. How to connect locally?
4 years ago#1
So me and my friend have this game but we want to play locally instead of online.

How do we connect 2 computers to play this game?

If that is not possible, is there any other way we can play locally?
4 years ago#2
Connect both of them to the internet.

Or both play on the same computer.
4 years ago#3
Yeah, we're both connected.
We're playing in my house so we're also on the same network.
If possible, can you please give me a step by step procedure to do this?
4 years ago#4
There is no LAN support that I know of, but as long as both of you are online, play an online game but make a private match of you don't want anyone to join. It would be the same thing for y'all as it would be playing local together anyway.
---
Gamertag - SergeS2K
4 years ago#5
Local means you both play on one computer (one will use a game controller). If you want to use two pc's, connect online, then use open, not ranked. Host a game and let the other computer connect. If for some reason the other pc can't connect, use hamachi. There are plenty of guides out there how hamachi works and its very simple, google it.
4 years ago#6
So this is a multiplayer centered game that does not support LAN. That's rather strange.
Thanks for telling me that.
4 years ago#7
More and more games are dropping LAN support due to people who pirate games and thn use third party apps to play LAN over the Internet.
---
Gamertag - SergeS2K
4 years ago#8
Or because most PC gamers have never used LAN...
4 years ago#9
You can play LAN. Click play on unranked open servers, click custom game, scroll across to LAN at the top.

I play LAN all the time.
4 years ago#10
when you go to online, click open and when it gives you the list, somewhere there is an option to click LAN game... if it isn't there you need to run the game in gamespy mode isntead of steam mode.
  1. Boards
  2. Dungeon Defenders
  3. How to connect locally?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived