I got DD for the IPhone when it first came out and had a high level mage, squire and huntress with mediocre equipment but I got tired of the battery drain and inability to see so I quit eventually. I got DD on the 360 a few months back but it seemed like nothing ever got fixed and updates/patches were infrequent at best. About a week ago I picked up DD on steam and it's considerably different from both the IPhone and the Xbox so I figured I'd ask a few questions about it.
1) I've seen many threads on what class does what or what has the best dps and so on, but all the comments seem like pure speculation. With the current patch are there any class builds that are more effective than others? What I mean is are there any classes where a dps build or tower build is basically worthless or pointless at end game content.
2) Given that the only class I haven't done is a monk so far, what would be your suggestion on a class to start with?
3) if I intend to solo basically everything what would be the ideal set of classes right now and what order would you suggest making them in?
4) Is there any point to playing in the offline local mode when the toons, gear, etc. are not carried over to ranked steam? Is there any point in being on the ranked rather than unranked games?
STG Deathbot Posted 5/2/2012 8:41:29 PM
1) Squire has the best towers since there are no physical immune enemies and his harpoons pierce everything. Barbarian has the best melee DPS (go figure) and the ranged is normally split between Huntress/Ranger and Series EV. It all depends on the gear though.
3) Squire and then whatever you want. I would go Squire, Monk, Huntress for the auras and then traps. Get your builder up first though.
4) Ranked has a lot less modded gear and a closer community. It's the closest thing you will get to the real game since you get rewards from achievements. Open is when you want to join a map that shoots you to max level in a few seconds and be given a sword that has around twelve billion damage and can hit everything on the screen at once. --- Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360
Taterzz Posted 5/2/2012 9:01:47 PM
squire's towers are best with high stats, due to piercing. in the low end, they're not particularly strong compared to the other attack options (like fireball, lightning, or traps). elemental immunity is no longer an issue with strength drains removing said immunities, although one could argue that's not in favor of apprentice/huntress towers. it's best to have a mix of towers when you're not really god mode stats.
when it comes to hero damage, it depends on the role really. apprentice/ranged monk are more or less tied for best single target damage, whereas huntress/EV are better for multiple enemies. --- You just lost the game.