Where can I get a save file editor?

#1fail2deliverPosted 5/12/2012 1:04:42 PM
An editor for your local save file.

When I search google for it all I can find are people complaining about people hacking the trendynet games..
#2STG DeathbotPosted 5/12/2012 1:52:12 PM
So you want to modify your single player/Open character?

If that is the case, then you aren't looking hard enough because I just googled it and came up with three different editing programs to use. Hell, just go online and ask someone with all modded gear where he got his program from.

As for the hostility, you will find plenty of it because hacked gear has been running rampant in Ranked.
---
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360
#3fail2deliver(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 1:58:35 PM
STG Deathbot posted...
So you want to modify your single player/Open character?

If that is the case, then you aren't looking hard enough because I just googled it and came up with three different editing programs to use. Hell, just go online and ask someone with all modded gear where he got his program from.

As for the hostility, you will find plenty of it because hacked gear has been running rampant in Ranked.

mind sharing where you got them from?
#4STG DeathbotPosted 5/12/2012 11:45:08 PM
Well, if you are modding your local save file, then there are a few editor tools out there you can use (all of which will get you VAC banned if you go online with them). Then there is the Dungeon Defenders Development Kit which (if I'm not mistaken) allows you to make maps as well as custom gear as rewards.

Naming any modding tool other than Dungeon Defenders Development Kit is grounds for moderation here. Naming any modding tool other than the aforementioned one on the official forums will result in an account suspension, even if you are just mentioning the name to use in single player or open.

So yes, I do mind sharing where I got that information from. Besides, I already gave you the most helpful information anyone here can give you without risking being modded - go ask someone with modded gear where they got it from. If they said "from a friend" or "from some random guy" or "from some modded map" then keep trying to find someone who mods or start learning to use the Development Kit.
---
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360
#5CinderDragon77Posted 5/14/2012 4:50:29 PM(edited)
STG Deathbot posted...
Well, if you are modding your local save file, then there are a few editor tools out there you can use (all of which will get you VAC banned if you go online with them). Then there is the Dungeon Defenders Development Kit which (if I'm not mistaken) allows you to make maps as well as custom gear as rewards.

Naming any modding tool other than Dungeon Defenders Development Kit is grounds for moderation here. Naming any modding tool other than the aforementioned one on the official forums will result in an account suspension, even if you are just mentioning the name to use in single player or open.

So yes, I do mind sharing where I got that information from. Besides, I already gave you the most helpful information anyone here can give you without risking being modded - go ask someone with modded gear where they got it from. If they said "from a friend" or "from some random guy" or "from some modded map" then keep trying to find someone who mods or start learning to use the Development Kit.

The forum mods didn't seem to care about them talking about this and never deleted the names so...

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?48860-Hackers

If this is against the rules then you may delete this though.
---
Nut Up or Shut Up.
:)Zombieland
#6STG DeathbotPosted 5/15/2012 8:17:16 PM
CinderDragon77 posted...
The forum mods didn't seem to care about them talking about this and never deleted the names so...

You really need to look up the word "redacted".
---
#7TaterzzPosted 5/16/2012 4:37:35 AM
so you intend to cheat (for reasons of your own) and need some kind of engine to do so...hmmm
---
You just lost the game.
#8CinderDragon77Posted 5/21/2012 12:43:56 PM
STG Deathbot posted...
CinderDragon77 posted...

Other than the fact you were being a total s******* with that comment, it was not blocked when I'd posted this, it must've been taken out. But you'll just post pointless comments that don't help advance the conversation in any way.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
#9STG DeathbotPosted 5/21/2012 7:08:16 PM
CinderDragon77 posted...
STG Deathbot posted...
CinderDragon77 posted...

Other than the fact you were being a total s******* with that comment, it was not blocked when I'd posted this, it must've been taken out. But you'll just post pointless comments that don't help advance the conversation in any way.

I had already stated that the mods do not allow people to name any program that alter the gameplay. You posted a direct link to a thread which posted the exact name of a specific program which was then removed by a mod or admin - effectively rendering your post and link completely pointless.
---
#10SC6Posted 5/23/2012 11:13:55 AM
Taterzz posted...
so you intend to cheat (for reasons of your own) and need some kind of engine to do so...hmmm

lol this post is pure win
---
PSN - NovaSol6 (I think...)