The King's Game is broken as hell

#11Metroid82Posted 8/9/2012 9:25:31 AM
They said they're going to increase the difficulty but also slightly increase the stats of the drops. It may not ruin it; that depends on the difficulty tweak. :/
#12MoassemanPosted 8/9/2012 9:42:38 AM
WELL, I can be AFK on my summoner all the waves, repairing auras every second wave or so all the way to wave 30, so... Might be a good idea to tweak the difficulty a bit~~
#13CinderDragon77Posted 8/9/2012 11:54:56 AM
Metroid82 posted...
They said they're going to increase the difficulty but also slightly increase the stats of the drops. It may not ruin it; that depends on the difficulty tweak. :/

It said rewards, not drops. Knowing them it means just the rewards you get for completing it.

Next, I can guarantee all those people complaining about it are the ones that are farming the living crap out of it now and are going to keep their elitist "I will always have better gear than you, therefore I'm better" attitude all thanks to Trendy most likely going to make the map borderline impossible for anyone without 3k+ stats(the people complaining about it.)

If they aren't addressing the campaign maps and the progression on them(or the lack thereof), then they should not even think about touching this map until they have that problem fixed.
---
TrendyEnt=UberEnt= Q_Q What are consoles?
#14MoassemanPosted 8/9/2012 12:12:12 PM(edited)
CinderDragon77 posted...
Next, I can guarantee all those people complaining about it are the ones that are farming the living crap out of it now and are going to keep their elitist "I will always have better gear than you, therefore I'm better" attitude all thanks to Trendy most likely going to make the map borderline impossible for anyone without 3k+ stats(the people complaining about it.)

Hey! You! I've helped a lot of people get started, and have been there seeing their gear passing mine, so don't think of me as any elitist.

I still think that the drops are way too high quality when compared to everything else, and ogres with 6-7~~million HP on wave 30 with 3 people is _RIDICULOUS_.

E: Heck, I just realized that I actually use about 38 of the 115 DU. No walls, just minions stacked on a buff beam and aura set. Badam. wave 30 done AFK on summoner.
#15CinderDragon77Posted 8/9/2012 12:18:25 PM
Moasseman posted...
CinderDragon77 posted...

Hey! You! I've helped a lot of people get started, and have been there seeing their gear passing mine, so don't think of me as any elitist.

I still think that the drops are way too high quality when compared to everything else, and ogres with 6-7~~million HP on wave 30 with 3 people is _RIDICULOUS_.

E: Heck, I just realized that I actually use about 38 of the 115 DU. No walls, just minions stacked on a buff beam and aura set. Badam. wave 30 done AFK on summoner.

Wasn't talking about you, you are awesome!!! ^_^ I was talking about some of the people on the forums complaining about it.
---
#16Metroid82Posted 8/9/2012 1:59:37 PM(edited)
Well a friend and I just did Survival on Insane HC and while many Mythics dropped, none were better than the mediocre ones I already have. It was a good deal easier than Aquanos on Insane HC, but we survived that and got 2 pets during it too. The lack of a giraffe for completing Survival makes farming the map for anything other than the mission complete reward pointless; I see that as some balance. Essentially any decent gear is only going to be on Nightmare difficulty.

The Eternia content and every stage on Nightmare is much harder than the original content (stupid spiders, Djinn, and Sharken!) It's kind of absurd because it changes the whole face of the game. I can waltz through the original campaign on Insane HC, aside from the dragon being a little tricky perhaps, but that's because I have Mythic gear and am in the mid 70's! Wasn't 60 the original level cap with Godly gear being the best?

Everyone who complains about the quality of the loot being too good are the ones who ALREADY have great loot. I still think the jump from Insane to Nightmare is crap and they do nothing at all to guide you. Fortunately, Mo on these boards is very helpful b/c without reading some of his posts I would be clueless as to how to even survive on Nightmare.

That being said, I understand that this new map's Risk vs Reward is "not fair" when compared to the Eternia maps. However, I have seen many complaints, with which I agree, that say the current loot system is severely broken and way too random. From a dev point of view which is easier: To completely fix all the maps or make a NEW map that has a far better loot drop system? The answer is obvious...

Also, not everyone has the Eternia DLC, but they CAN play with people on Nightmare difficulty for the original campaign; the system allows you to access a lot of the DLC even if you have not purchased it (everything except the Eternia content from what I've seen). The devs made it that way, for what reason I am not sure. How on EARTH could these people play on Nightmare without having access to decent equipment, which the original Campaign and Insane HC do NOT give? I see this new map as the answer.

EDIT: I just read a dev post that the "fixed" difficulty will be "nearly as hard as Sky City." In other words, hard as hell... Guess I won't ever get a chance to farm this on Nightmare, since my stats are not even close to 1k yet. Thanks a lot effing hardcore players...
#17CinderDragon77Posted 8/9/2012 1:58:51 PM
Metroid82 posted...
Well a friend and I just did Survival on Insane HC and while many Mythics dropped, none were better than the mediocre ones I already have. It was a good deal easier than Aquanos on Insane HC, but we survived that and got 2 pets during it too. The lack of a giraffe for completing Survival makes farming the map for anything other than the mission complete reward pointless; I see that as some balance. Essentially any decent gear is only going to be on Nightmare difficulty.

The Eternia content and every stage on Nightmare is much harder than the original content (stupid spiders, Djinn, and Sharken!) It's kind of absurd because it changes the whole face of the game. I can waltz through the original campaign on Insane HC, aside from the dragon being a little tricky perhaps, but that's because I have Mythic gear and am in the mid 70's! Wasn't 60 the original level cap with Godly gear being the best?

Everyone who complains about the quality of the loot being too good are the ones who ALREADY have great loot. I still think the jump from Insane to Nightmare is crap and they do nothing at all to guide you. Fortunately, Mo on these boards is very helpful b/c without reading some of his posts I would be clueless as to how to even survive on Nightmare.

That being said, I understand that this new map's Risk vs Reward is "not fair" when compared to the Eternia maps. However, I have seen many complaints, with which I agree, that say the current loot system is severely broken and way too random. From a dev point of view which is easier: To completely fix all the maps or make a NEW map that has a far better loot drop system? The answer is obvious...

Also, not everyone has the Eternia DLC, but they CAN play with people on Nightmare difficulty for the original campaign; the system allows you to access a lot of the DLC even if you have not purchased it (everything except the Eternia content from what I've seen). The devs made it that way, for what reason I am not sure. How on EARTH could these people play on Nightmare without having access to decent equipment, which the original Campaign and Insane HC do NOT give? I see this new map as the answer.

Well it won't be the answer for long, just waiting for the whiners on the forums to get their way again and then we'll be hitting that wall once again. Yeah Moa is awesome, he helped me out quite a bit when I first started on PC, used to play on 360(minimal-no support and hackers.)
---
#18Metroid82Posted 8/9/2012 2:04:56 PM
Read my edit Cinder. The "fix" is already going to screw us over. It will be almost as hard as Sky City, which I find ridiculously hard. The original campaign and all difficulties through Insane are so fun. Why did Nightmare have to ruin it :(
#19MoassemanPosted 8/9/2012 4:27:07 PM
Metroid82 posted...
Read my edit Cinder. The "fix" is already going to screw us over. It will be almost as hard as Sky City, which I find ridiculously hard. The original campaign and all difficulties through Insane are so fun. Why did Nightmare have to ruin it :(

Dudes. Dudes. Still. Even tho I play quite a lot, most of the time (read: today boosted about 20 different Jesters because god only knows why) I run something with random people and share the loot with them. Still, for a NMHC Survival wave 30 ogres to have as much HP as campaign ogres on waaaay earlier maps is just derp. However, when they say "as hard as Sky city", you must remember that what makes Sky city hard is the un-nerfed copter count etc., since it was the map they were designed for. I assume that the copters will be like on other maps (read: not impossibly stupidly strong anymore) and not like Sky city.

Also, the transition to Nightmare was maybe the most fun thing I've encountered on my DD career. I did numerous runs on numerous different maps just to die numerous x numerous - 1 times on first round. When I finally got the ogre down in Endless spires by kiting it for way too long (did <1k DMG/projectile with Monk back then), it was so freaking awesome to open the spawned chests and find the first mythical item (which was a freaking chest piece with like negative everything)!

Slowly after that I started getting more waves done on Endless spires, then progressed to try survival to fail after tenth-fifteenth wave usually before I had some better gear and more characters. It was as fun as the game could get, the challenge was extraordinary!

Don't freak out about the difficulty boost too early, we'll see what happens.

Ps. The loot quality of King's Game is way derp

Pps. The original lvl cap was 70 IIRC (But Godly was still the best tier)
#20CinderDragon77Posted 8/9/2012 6:07:27 PM
Moasseman posted...
Metroid82 posted...

Dudes. Dudes. Still. Even tho I play quite a lot, most of the time (read: today boosted about 20 different Jesters because god only knows why) I run something with random people and share the loot with them. Still, for a NMHC Survival wave 30 ogres to have as much HP as campaign ogres on waaaay earlier maps is just derp. However, when they say "as hard as Sky city", you must remember that what makes Sky city hard is the un-nerfed copter count etc., since it was the map they were designed for. I assume that the copters will be like on other maps (read: not impossibly stupidly strong anymore) and not like Sky city.

Also, the transition to Nightmare was maybe the most fun thing I've encountered on my DD career. I did numerous runs on numerous different maps just to die numerous x numerous - 1 times on first round. When I finally got the ogre down in Endless spires by kiting it for way too long (did <1k DMG/projectile with Monk back then), it was so freaking awesome to open the spawned chests and find the first mythical item (which was a freaking chest piece with like negative everything)!

Slowly after that I started getting more waves done on Endless spires, then progressed to try survival to fail after tenth-fifteenth wave usually before I had some better gear and more characters. It was as fun as the game could get, the challenge was extraordinary!

Don't freak out about the difficulty boost too early, we'll see what happens.

Ps. The loot quality of King's Game is way derp

Pps. The original lvl cap was 70 IIRC (But Godly was still the best tier)

The loot doesn't seem to be rolling over as often, that's the only reason that the loot seems to be better. It's just complete bull that they give all the elitists plenty of time to secure a lead ahead of everyone with gear dropping from this map and then make it impossible for anyone else to complete it without buying gear from said players. If they are going to "fix" this map(it was intended to be this easy, but the whiners got their way again.) Then they need to fix loot progression throughout the entire game because it's borderline impossible to progress naturally through the game(without grinding the same map an obscent amount of times) just to find a single upgrade or....you guessed it, buy from those elitist whiners/players(once again, not talking about you just to make sure you know :)
---