Summoner Leveling Guide

#1OsgorothPosted 11/8/2012 5:01:17 AM(edited)
So every guide/walkthrough/etc. I can find on the internet is either not for summoner, or assumes you have already maxed every other class in the history of forever and have godly gear or whatever, and/or that you're playing with a full party.

I started playing this game last week for the first time. The only hero I have is a summoner. I'm level 40-something now. I don't have many friends that play this game, and I don't want to just jump in PUGs and ask if they can power-level me.

I was hoping for a 1-to-max (what's the max level anyway? 100?) leveling guide for a Summoner that would be a Solo guide and doesn't involve other classes at all.

For now I'm trying to manage with the Walkthrough in the FAQ section, trying to adjust with the different units, since I don't really have a barricade unit (well, the Orc, maybe, but it's 130 mana and 6 MU.) and the strategies are based around the specific functionalities of the Squire/Apprentice towers, which most often don't have an equivalent in the Summoner's arsenal.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks. :D
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a lesser deity]
#2MoassemanPosted 11/8/2012 9:07:35 AM
Add Moasseman@Steam and I'll tell you many things you might wanna know.

Can't be arsed to start explaining everything here, since I'd most likely forget something and then hafta later come back and edit/post again and stuff and things ;_;
#3IcyBrilliancePosted 11/8/2012 9:10:54 AM
I'd level a tower builder of some sort in addition to your summoner.

If you don't use a builder then the defence units are going to waste and your effectively gimping yourself.

Play as you want of course but that's my advice.
#4AlleRacingPosted 11/8/2012 11:23:15 AM
Max level is 90, and you'll have a hell of a time getting that far with only a summoner.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#5MoassemanPosted 11/8/2012 12:21:06 PM
AlleRacing posted...
Max level is 90, and you'll have a hell of a time getting that far with only a summoner.

Max level is 100, not 90.

But you'll still have hell of a time getting that far with only a summoner.
#6AlleRacingPosted 11/8/2012 5:47:54 PM
Whoa, since when? Did they add stuff beyond Ultimate gear?
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#7Osgoroth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:36:32 PM
IcyBrilliance posted...
I'd level a tower builder of some sort in addition to your summoner.

If you don't use a builder then the defence units are going to waste and your effectively gimping yourself.

Play as you want of course but that's my advice.

But they'd both use the same mana pool. Is it really better to split my mana between 2 categories of defenses instead of strengthening one category?
---
#8MoassemanPosted 11/9/2012 5:15:33 AM
AlleRacing posted...
Whoa, since when? Did they add stuff beyond Ultimate gear?

Since a while ago when they added the ultimate+ gear.

Osgoroth posted...
But they'd both use the same mana pool. Is it really better to split my mana between 2 categories of defenses instead of strengthening one category?

What exactly do ya mean? You should have used up all DU/MU after like 2 or 3 waves anyway, so mana should never be a problem past the first wave.
#9IcyBrilliancePosted 11/9/2012 10:08:05 AM
Osgoroth posted...

Yes without question. Mana can be tight in the first round or 2 but after that you'll probably have full towers/minions up except in the lowest difficulties.

In Nightmare when you fight stuff like Ogres in wave 1... that's alot of mana. You'll have no problem getting stuff set up.

Really if you like your summoner then pick characters and use them in a way that will support your summoner.

Series EV is a good example. Put down a buff beam then switch to summoner and place a bunch of archers/mages on it. For only 70 mana you boost the damage significantly of the whole group.

And when you upgrade that buff beam you make every minion on it even stronger. She also has nice walls which as you said is kind of a summoners weak point.

Really it's pretty much how the game is meant to be played.
#10Osgoroth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 10:10:13 AM
Moasseman posted...
What exactly do ya mean? You should have used up all DU/MU after like 2 or 3 waves anyway, so mana should never be a problem past the first wave.

I mean if (example) the chests for one round generates 400 mana, that 400 mana is all you get. If you use 200 of that mana on your first character, that only leaves 200 remaining mana for your other character.

Unless mana shortage becomes a non issue at later levels, which I have yet to reach.
---