Question about solo-play.

#1_Quest_Posted 1/12/2013 1:30:21 PM
I'm not keen on any form of multiplayer to be honest but I really like this game, I've played around a bit on my own, but I have to ask - is it going to be possible to complete the campaign and extra maps on my own? Or will it simply be too difficult?

And I always get a bad reaction when I say I don't play multilayer, so I'm gonna state beforehand that I will just never play multiplayer, it's not a fun experience for me.
---
Currently Playing: Torchlight II, Pokemon Black 2, Fallen Enchantress, Lego Star Wars Saga, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#2One_WingedFreakPosted 1/12/2013 1:49:23 PM(edited)
i can clear all the maps (havent tried akatiti and winterfest yet) on nmhc solo and cleared survival too only thing you will need is good hero speed and good hero casting speed to be able to build the maps fast because on higher dificulty you will have limited time before the first wave starts

Edit: so yeah its possible
#3MoassemanPosted 1/12/2013 1:57:43 PM
It's more than possible, usually way easier than doing it with others because you yourself know exactly where you want to place dem stuffs~~
#4_Quest_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:25:29 PM
Ah thank you guys.
---
Currently Playing: Torchlight II, Pokemon Black 2, Fallen Enchantress, Lego Star Wars Saga, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#5jcmasonPosted 1/17/2013 4:56:31 AM
I found a major benefit in setting up my PS3 controller as player 2 to do split screen so that I could have two of my characters active without having to switch at the forge. Keeping my builder available during the waves in case something went down while also rolling a DPS character around is handy. And the extra pet effects are nice too. But it can take some getting used to.
---
http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/
i7-2600K|H80|MSI Z68A-GD80|2x 1GB GTX 460|8GB DDR3 @1600MHz|Corsair Graphite Series 600T White
#6EleventyishPosted 1/17/2013 10:44:04 AM
I found a major benefit in setting up my PS3 controller as player 2 to do split screen so that I could have two of my characters active without having to switch at the forge. Keeping my builder available during the waves in case something went down while also rolling a DPS character around is handy. And the extra pet effects are nice too. But it can take some getting used to.

I do that with xbox controllers to get 4 kobolds or pawnshots or whatever else I'm farming for, it's totally awesome.
#7-TheoreticallyPosted 1/17/2013 12:26:58 PM
Rather than take up a new topic, I figured I'd just ask here since its somewhat related

I do that with xbox controllers to get 4 kobolds or pawnshots or whatever else I'm farming for, it's totally awesome.

Is there a way to activate additional players without having controllers for them? I pretty much just want them to "be there"for the additional loot as you've said; I don't really mind if I'm not able to control them.
#8EleventyishPosted 1/17/2013 2:03:13 PM
Sure is, I've never used it myself but it seems well received on the forums at least.
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?23119-How-to-emulate-a-controller-so-you-can-play-splitscreen-without-a-gamepad
#9MoassemanPosted 1/18/2013 1:52:21 AM
I use the emulation way, works very good or very bad, depending on how you do it =)