The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

does Dota 2 don't have the anoying babysit metagame that LoL has?

#1kratospwnsnoobzPosted 6/3/2012 11:47:36 AM
I like LOL a lot, however I hate the current metagame so called "babysit" which basically revolves aroud having 1 bruiser top, one mage mid, one jungler and an a ranged AD "carry " bot with support.... the problem is that that babysitting is annoying and the community is horrible because of that, nobody wants to play support because the support is basically the ranged carry's "bi***" he doesn't have to farm at all or get kills, he has to let himself killed to save the carry, and the support never gets recognition or praise by his jjob, he is mostly a "filler" role so the other 4 can farm, besides that the ad "carry" usually blames the support or the jungler if he fails..

I just don't like this way of thinking that one person is way more important than the rest and another one is way less important than the rest...

is dota diferent? cause if it is I will come to Dota 2 instead
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2blade6321Posted 6/3/2012 11:52:18 AM(edited)
Most games have a support, someone has to build a mek (a healing item, usually built by support), wards and a 'courier' to carry items and upgrade it.

However, as someone who's played league a lot, it's a lot more fun and the supports aren't just "DURP HEAL STUFF", e.g Crystal maiden has an AoE ult with high damage that can win teamfights.

So, yes, but not as boring.

Also, the meta is a lot more fluid, i.e not always the same people in each lane, tri lanes and whatnot.

Also, no offense, spellcheck or just a bit of time to proof read your posts would be appreciated.
---
'Wake Up.We're Here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up. Stand up.There you go.You were dreaming. What's your name?
Crabdom Ambassador
#3kratospwnsnoobz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 11:57:05 AM
Thank you, playing support in LOL is not boring per see, but playing support in the current babysit metagame is really anoying, since you have to be babysitting the AD carry all the time, you don;t get kills or farm and are by far the weakest member of the team, you can't win games as a support no matter how good you are.
---
#4MoonDanceKidPosted 6/3/2012 12:00:39 PM
by far the weakest member of the team, you can't win games as a support no matter how good you are.

That is the complete opposite in Dota 2. A support in Dota 2 is much more of an appreciated role than in LoL. A good support's potential to win games is just as impactful as a carry. A support's significance is just as important as a carry's, if not more when it comes to winning team fights.

When people mention Tidehunter or SK, the last thing I think of is weak. Lol.
---
"I am not obliged to use more thought in my post than you used in yours."
#5kratospwnsnoobz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 12:17:51 PM
sounds great, I will try it
---
#6chaoslordisgoodPosted 6/3/2012 12:21:56 PM
Lets look at some of the dota heroes that are considered "supports":

Venomancer:Has an ultimate that does a large amount of damage over time in a large AoE. Summons wards that can attack to spot for ganks, block runners, and push/defend towers.

Crystal Maiden: Has an aura that grants the entire team extra mana regeneration. Has an aoe slow nuke, a single-target snare that does damage over time, adn an ultimate that slows and does damage around her.

Windrunner: Has a very long-ranged nuke that does great damage to the first target, but less to each successive target. Has a stun hits the target and a single enemy or tree behind the target. Her ult gives her max attack speed but reduced damage against a single target. Is very capable of soloing in either the safe or dangerous side lane.

In general, "supports" in dota are just heroes that don't scale very well with items, so they buy support items. Being a support is more an indication that the hero is not a carry, then a statement about their own offensive ability.
---
Lik-Sang was a criminal organization - C4111
#7kratospwnsnoobz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 12:23:58 PM
this sounds a lot better than LOL
---
#8Ant_to_the_maxPosted 6/3/2012 1:17:23 PM(edited)
I find Dazzle to be an amazingly fun support hero to play. One good teamfight with him can swing the entire game and cause so much rage...You have no clue how much rage he causes...
---
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129167586636177506.gif
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007133925
#9Kyle901Posted 6/3/2012 12:51:15 PM
Not really. DotA heroes are creative enough to allow many possible lane setups.
---
---
Being bad at video games isn't a crime
#10Lordaeron86Posted 6/3/2012 1:47:53 PM
Out of all the heroes mentioned only CM would be considered "support". There's multiple roles in DOTA like initiator (SK, Tide), semi-carry (Windrunner), and pure support like Dazzle/CM who buy all the wards/courier and purposefully never take kills and die for the carry.

I would say that playing a full supporter role actually DOES suck really hard in DOTA, especially if you're not playing with people you know cuz they WILL complain and ***** at you and you really can't do much to impact the game.

Support heroes in DOTA are support because other than using all their gold to buy team items they can't impact a battle as much as other heroes can, whereas heroes like SK and ES can still wreck face lategame despite not being carry heroes.

If you play mostly pubs there's actually 0 reason to pick a support hero and then play it as a support/babysit cuz you can't depend on randoms to carry you. Unless you just like being in the submissive role of course.
---
"To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it."