wowwww put in low priority because of stupid teammates

#21Cloud_6671Posted 6/18/2012 1:42:41 PM
NAWWW MAAAN VALVE IS DUMB

9 PPL SHOULD WAIT FOR ME ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I AM MORE IMPORTANT, NOT LIKE THEY MIGHT BE IN A HURRY FOR A REASON JUST LIKE I HAVE A REASON FOR PAUSING
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/5ug5c1.jpg
#22S0uIjaBoYisKiNG(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 2:04:09 PM
MrMepper posted...
S0uIjaBoYisKiNG posted...
funkyfritter posted...
When you pause the game you're inconveniencing 9 other people because you couldn't get stuff sorted out before starting a game. If they're nice they'll wait, but they aren't obligated to and you shouldn't expect them to.

alright so then what is the purpose of pausing? why would valve include it and not hire your brilliant mind to show them the light that it is only an inconvenience for your team and its your fault for not being ready and anticipating everything in real life that could make you pause the game for 1 minute?

Because you get the occasional people who would wait for you to pause. Sometimes you do get them, sometimes you don't. This time you didn't get the people who would be willing to wait.

First of all, you need to calm down. It was your immature behavior which got you in low priority. Even if you just moved from the fountain occasionally, you can still be reported and placed in another LP queue. I honestly had a tiny bit of sympathy for you until you said you afk'd in the fountain, and I lost all respect for you when you wanted to avoid the afk timer by "just running out, casting a spell on a creep wave and rinse and repeat until we lose."

Second of all, what funky says is correct. Each player has a right to play the game and not having to wait on you. It IS however common courtesy to wait, BUT that doesn't mean they are required to, and you shouldn't expect them to have to wait on you.

All-in-all, it is your own fault for being immature and afking at fountain. You act like a child, which by your name and your grammar, and the level of maturity you hold and have shown us, I presume you are one. If the community is too much for you to handle, play private games with bots.

so if they dont have the common courtesy to wait for me then i shouldnt show any back

doesnt matter, if this happens again ill just run out of the fountain, cast a spell, jungle, do something for a minute, then go back, rinse and repeat. ill gladly continue playing and winning with competent teammates, carrying the baddies to victories, and suffering through the absolutely terrible ones, nothing you can do about that :)
---
official rap superstar/playa/real as elected by citizens of the zelda skyward zord bward of the zelda skyward sword boards
#23Cloud_6671Posted 6/18/2012 2:34:40 PM(edited)
so if they dont have the common courtesy to wait for me then i shouldnt show any back

Except it isn't courtesy to wait. It is however discourteous to make nine people wait because you couldn't plan your own time properly
So yes, enjoy your 24 hours in trash queue

doesnt matter, if this happens again ill just run out of the fountain, cast a spell, jungle, do something for a minute, then go back, rinse and repeat. ill gladly continue playing and winning with competent teammates, carrying the baddies to victories, and suffering through the absolutely terrible ones, nothing you can do about that :)
Can report you and lol @ you as you spend a lot more than a day in that queue :)
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/5ug5c1.jpg
#24rabies_nekoPosted 6/18/2012 3:02:21 PM
TC still doesn't realise he will still get reported by the people in his game and if what valve has been saying is true, he won't be leaving low priority any time soon.
#25The Real TruthPosted 6/18/2012 3:37:29 PM
Most of the games I play, people wait on pauses. You're probably stuck in bad games with bad players, because you're bad.
---
Tornadoman78:
tornadoman and tornadogirl like to kick box each other in my tornaolayzers and she dosent even mind getting hit
#26DejanjiPosted 6/18/2012 5:17:21 PM
Matchmaking takes around 6 minutes to 15 minutes depending on a lot of things usually..

If you immediately demand a pause after that then I have no pity for you..
---
I don't give a damn if you don't like me, because I don't like you, because you're not like me.
#27CCPOzymandiasPosted 6/18/2012 9:43:41 PM
Unlike most of the people berating you (out of some sick sense of superiority) I agree OP. And I agree because DOTA 2 is a team-game, alright. What this means is that if you need to leave for a short amount of time, 2 to 3 minutes, the least the team could do is pause the game. The very least. That's why everyone has pauses.

You clearly stated that the reason for you leaving, to order some food, was out of your control. Thus you had to leave. It was not up to you. And also, what you did, going AFK, was completely the 100% right thing to do.

Let me put it this way: Why would you even, for a second, consider the team when they, in your time of need, completely neglected you? Waiting, by all stretches of the imagination, can easily be done in DOTA 2; you pause the game, and wait. Should it be hard for these gamers to wait? No, never. It boggles the mind how instant-gratification has turned man into a completely dependent machine! I, for the life of me, can't think of situation(s) where I would unpause the game for you, because I don't want to wait. Especially when you consider that there is an explicit and implicit understanding that DOTA 2 games can go on for more than one hour (explicit because there are games on record as having lasted more than one hour, and implicitly because it could very well be the case that any game in the future could go on to last more than one hour).

I think the problem here is that you actually care too much about DOTA 2. Remember that at the core of the problem DOTA is a privilege. You are privileged for being able to play it (most children, adults, etc. live in abject squalor! You, however, actually have the time to be able to spend on DOTA 2; you have leisure time). Point being: wait the 24 hours, but wait them knowing, fully content, that you did the right thing.

I, in your shoes, would have done exactly the same thing. 100 out of 100 times even if it meant that I would be place in low priority 100 times after. It just makes no sense to validate selfish behavior in a team game. Either they wait for you, or you leave--there's no point in wasting your time with people so un-sportsman like. No point. Especially when early game has so many ramifications for the overall endgame.
---
I love you.
#28CCPOzymandiasPosted 6/18/2012 9:47:30 PM
De Evolution posted...
If I was playing with someone with as stupid a name as S0uIjaBoYisKiNG I would probably unpause the game too.

This doesn't make any sense. You're only exposing yourself as either an idiot or a bigot, or both.

You can't judge a person, or make qualitative statements about their character, based on what type of music they listen to.
---
I love you.
#29MrMepperPosted 6/18/2012 10:02:10 PM
CCPOzymandias posted...
Unlike most of the people berating you (out of some sick sense of superiority) I agree OP. And I agree because DOTA 2 is a team-game, alright. What this means is that if you need to leave for a short amount of time, 2 to 3 minutes, the least the team could do is pause the game. The very least. That's why everyone has pauses.

You clearly stated that the reason for you leaving, to order some food, was out of your control. Thus you had to leave. It was not up to you. And also, what you did, going AFK, was completely the 100% right thing to do.

Let me put it this way: Why would you even, for a second, consider the team when they, in your time of need, completely neglected you? Waiting, by all stretches of the imagination, can easily be done in DOTA 2; you pause the game, and wait. Should it be hard for these gamers to wait? No, never. It boggles the mind how instant-gratification has turned man into a completely dependent machine! I, for the life of me, can't think of situation(s) where I would unpause the game for you, because I don't want to wait. Especially when you consider that there is an explicit and implicit understanding that DOTA 2 games can go on for more than one hour (explicit because there are games on record as having lasted more than one hour, and implicitly because it could very well be the case that any game in the future could go on to last more than one hour).

I think the problem here is that you actually care too much about DOTA 2. Remember that at the core of the problem DOTA is a privilege. You are privileged for being able to play it (most children, adults, etc. live in abject squalor! You, however, actually have the time to be able to spend on DOTA 2; you have leisure time). Point being: wait the 24 hours, but wait them knowing, fully content, that you did the right thing.

I, in your shoes, would have done exactly the same thing. 100 out of 100 times even if it meant that I would be place in low priority 100 times after. It just makes no sense to validate selfish behavior in a team game. Either they wait for you, or you leave--there's no point in wasting your time with people so un-sportsman like. No point. Especially when early game has so many ramifications for the overall endgame.

One thing, which is the reason most of us are angry with him, is that instead of being a man about it and playing the game, he chose to afk in fountain and be a sore loser. Instead of attempting to make the situation better, and trying to recover from the few minutes he had to go, he instead thought "Well, if I have to suffer so should they!"

The world doesn't revolve around him, nor does it you, and nor does it anyone else. Those players don't have to wait on you, though as you said, it would be sportsman like for them to. However, just because a select few people on your team do not fit your personality qualifications doesn't give you appropriate reasoning for you to act childish and afk. You are ruining the game for 9 other people, just because one person couldn't get what they want.

What I do want to say, also, is that yes I do also wish players would be more sportsmanlike, but that doesn't mean I'm going to try and force my views unto others and making them have to suffer for acting such a way.
#30CCPOzymandiasPosted 6/18/2012 10:32:50 PM
One thing, which is the reason most of us are angry with him, is that instead of being a man about it and playing the game, he chose to afk in fountain and be a sore loser. Instead of attempting to make the situation better, and trying to recover from the few minutes he had to go, he instead thought "Well, if I have to suffer so should they!"

The world doesn't revolve around him, nor does it you, and nor does it anyone else. Those players don't have to wait on you, though as you said, it would be sportsman like for them to. However, just because a select few people on your team do not fit your personality qualifications doesn't give you appropriate reasoning for you to act childish and afk. You are ruining the game for 9 other people, just because one person couldn't get what they want
What I do want to say, also, is that yes I do also wish players would be more sportsmanlike, but that doesn't mean I'm going to try and force my views unto others and making them have to suffer for acting such a way.

I'm pretty sure that the actions of the other players on his team were more unselfish than his actions. Come on, are we to expect for him to ignore his parents wishes because 4 total strangers are holding him hostage in some game? It's a pretty simple course of action either you're selfish enough to not wait (and unpause the game), or you wait. There's no in between course of action. The players he played with decided to ignore his request.

Also at the heart of the matter is this: was the expectation on the team, to wait, unreasonable? I don't think so. I think he did the right thing. It's a team game, and people need to realize, also, that waiting is part of life. This monoculture built around instant-satisfaction is completely unreasonable.

He does not have to man up to anything. He did the right thing. The pause system is there for a reason. It would be nice for all of us to plan long times of uninterrupted solitude, but the nature of today's living makes doing so very hard. So either as a community we allow others to pause the game for reasonable amounts of time (everyone does get three pause opportunities) or we berate and mistreat those who wish to take advantage of the feature by being as vitriolic as possible.

I cannot tell you the amounts of time someone has to quickly resolve a minute task in our 5-man premade and the other team replies the most obscene and hurtful comments you could imagine because they are being tasked to wait very little, that is when we pause the game. The community is extremely immature, and selfish. I cannot count the amounts of time the opposing team unpauses the game when you pause it, just to confer some advantage, or just out of spite. This, spitefulness, this need to win violently is inherent in the community at these stages. It is like the worst cancer or venom, but what can you expect from a culture of ingrained immediate-self-satisfaction? It is mental masturbation at its finest level! Pleasure, instantly, and unrefined as the lowest denominator. And I won't stand for it, despite all of you admonishing the OP.

OP I stand with you in camaraderie!
---
I love you.