Safe to leave vs no stats recorded

#1KOTRsssPosted 6/28/2012 3:12:23 PM
When someone leaves in the first 15 minutes, it says that no stats will be recorded. That means everything that happens and has happened in the game is not recorded, right?

What about games where someone abandons after the 15 minute mark? Does nothing count after the abandonment? Does it count as a loss if you leave? Does it count as a win if you stick it out and win? Do any stats after the abandonment get recorded?
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#2PaperbladePosted 6/28/2012 4:38:13 PM
in both cases, the leaver gets a leave

however in the latter case, the game is played out and a win/loss is recorded, even if you leave after it's safe to do so
---
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest
#3KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 4:39:35 PM
Ah, I see. So basically unless I am positive that we have lost and I will just die a bunch I should stick it out.

Thanks.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#4KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 2:56:04 AM
Alright, so I was in a game. Luna disconnected right at the beginning.

Reconnected for about 30 seconds a minute later, then disconnected again.

3 minutes later, reconnects, then disconnects again.

The 5 minute rule passes at about 6:30 minutes on the game clock. The text reads that it is safe to leave, but not that no stats will be recorded. When I asked why, someone said "because she reconnected"

Is this a joke? The teams can drop to 4v5 at 6 minutes into the game and stats get recorded?
---
#5CyoXPosted 6/30/2012 3:47:56 AM
it really couldnt matter less. its not like anyone else can see your beloved stats that im sure are just a pure shining light of impressive domination.
#6KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 3:48:26 AM
They exist for a reason. Your point is moot.
---
#7CyoXPosted 6/30/2012 5:11:43 AM
and it records stats because they said so. have a nice day.
#8Timbo418Posted 6/30/2012 9:41:49 AM
I thought the rule was if they abandoned before first blood that nothing would be recorded.
---
"If you're a Mass Effect fan then you have to be one of the biggest Hippocrates on earth. Have fun." - jnblz316
#9FoxyArekuPosted 6/30/2012 11:21:45 AM
CyoX posted...
it really couldnt matter less. its not like anyone else can see your beloved stats that im sure are just a pure shining light of impressive domination.

Click name>view dota profile to see someone's stats.
---
Not changing sig until Twisted Fate gets his ult back.
League of Legends: 8/24/2011
#10greekboy401Posted 6/30/2012 1:28:01 PM
Timbo418 posted...
I thought the rule was if they abandoned before first blood that nothing would be recorded.

Hm, I thought it was before the first creep wave spawn.
---
GamerTag: ImNotA Sandwich
PSN ID: ImNotA_Sandwich