Radiant vs Dire

#1KnighterFighterPosted 7/1/2012 10:13:18 AM
It seems like the Dire has an advantage, due to the position of the minimap.

Maybe I'm just bad, but often times when I am on the Radiant and trying to run away from an enemy, I seem to accidentally click the Dire's base on the map, causing me to run back into them.

Does this make sense to anyone else?
---
Tank: Can throw rocks, or he can rip the minigun out of the ground and start walking around like a Heavy. -Kefka.
#2ShaphrionPosted 7/1/2012 10:39:17 AM
You should never use the mini map to ran away from a enemy.
---
To most Christians, the bible is like a license agreement. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I Agree".
#3Were TigerPosted 7/1/2012 11:28:21 AM
He's not using it intentionally.
The bottom left corner of the screen is also where the minimap is, so clicking slightly too far will result in clicking on the minimap, and right onto the Dire base too, so you end up running back into your pursuers.
---
"Est Sularus oth Mithas...'My honor is my life.' You are your father all over again."
-Tanis Half-elven, Dragons of Summer Flame
#4ShaphrionPosted 7/1/2012 11:58:10 AM
Were Tiger posted...
He's not using it intentionally.
The bottom left corner of the screen is also where the minimap is, so clicking slightly too far will result in clicking on the minimap, and right onto the Dire base too, so you end up running back into your pursuers.

Either way the point still stands.
---
To most Christians, the bible is like a license agreement. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I Agree".
#5Kyle901Posted 7/1/2012 12:09:12 PM
Dire does have an advantage, but that's no one of the reasons.
---
---
Being bad at video games isn't a crime
#6KnighterFighter(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 12:12:38 PM
What other reason's are there, Kyle?

Neutral Creep/Secret Shop locations?

If left uninhibited, will one sides creeps slowly push farther?
---
Tank: Can throw rocks, or he can rip the minigun out of the ground and start walking around like a Heavy. -Kefka.
#7IynxorPosted 7/1/2012 12:17:38 PM
Proximity to Rosh, stack&pull mechanics in safe lane, jungle choke points, and probably something else I forgot.
---
'I hope he slips and falls in the shower. Not bad enough that he dies. Just so his brain shakes up and he realizes how dumb this is.' -- InquisitorTremaine
#8Ant_to_the_maxPosted 7/1/2012 12:31:16 PM
I can also confirm this "advantage" as it has got me killed a few times :(

I actually haven't looked for this yet, but I think in W3 it was easier to click on the trents to last hit them over the Dire's units.
---
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129167586636177506.gif
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007133925
#9SpeedDemon20Posted 7/1/2012 12:46:01 PM
Dire gets all the cool stuff.

Two easy pull camps, the possibility to stack ancients if the bottom lane is having trouble, and access to the Secret Shop from the mid lane.

---
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/2858/fanart/f1244804694.jpg
I hate resorting to violence...
#10ShaphrionPosted 7/1/2012 12:46:42 PM
Eh Roshan advantage is pretty null with the way his area is designed. The safe pull can be argued both ways. radiant has a easy LoS at there spot for creep pulling in case of gank and dire as just easy pulling.
---