A few questions from someone thats thinking about "buying" the game.

#1BayersktPosted 7/11/2012 10:05:28 AM
1. Can you only play ranked games or do a "no-stat" / "non-ranked" options exist?

2. Do custom games exist? what I mean by that is, is there an option to join for example an
"all-mid" game. I think that would be a great thing to fool around in til I get a good feel for what all the heroes can do.

3. Is it worth to "buy" the game for 40-ish euro. I donīt really care for custom hats or that stuff. But on the other hand I really want to get my hands on the game.

Think thatīs it for now, thanks in advance.

ps. Forgive my horrible english.
#2pokemaniac1342Posted 7/11/2012 10:09:23 AM
Don't buy the one from the store. I believe you can easily get a Dota 2 key for about 5 bucks worth of steam items - TF2 items, games, whatever. 40 bucks is over the top.
---
the leter lmnop is betr than d so i gots to pik paruriila
yai1 paruriila is woning!is 4 bigr than 6/
- darpgmaster
#3blade6321Posted 7/11/2012 10:15:25 AM
That I'm aware of there are no 'custom' games as you described, you can play private matches with bots.

All games record stats, minus private. Although, this doesn't really matter as stats aren't displayed prominently. It's like LoL's "normal" mode if you've ever played that.

There is -RD -sd -ap -cm in public searches, and I think more will be added some time nearer to the release (such as -em)
---
'Wake Up.We're Here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up. Stand up.There you go.You were dreaming. What's your name?
Crabdom Ambassador
#4iTz_SLammiPosted 7/11/2012 10:19:30 AM
Straboyz posted...
1. Can you only play ranked games or do a "no-stat" / "non-ranked" options exist?

2. Do custom games exist? what I mean by that is, is there an option to join for example an
"all-mid" game. I think that would be a great thing to fool around in til I get a good feel for what all the heroes can do.

3. Is it worth to "buy" the game for 40-ish euro. I donīt really care for custom hats or that stuff. But on the other hand I really want to get my hands on the game.

--There isn't really a ranking/ladder/mmr system, at least not one that is displayed publicly. But matchmaking games wins/losses are recorded and people are punished for abandoning (leaving) games.

--There's not a set custom games list, you can search for game lobbies though. I haven't personally seen any all mid lobbies, but I am a fan of the gametype

--I would say wait for a beta key, or buy a key off someone for way cheaper than 40.
#5Thechosenone501Posted 7/11/2012 11:52:07 AM
Straboyz posted...

--There isn't really a ranking/ladder/mmr system, at least not one that is displayed publicly. But matchmaking games wins/losses are recorded and people are punished for abandoning (leaving) games.

--There's not a set custom games list, you can search for game lobbies though. I haven't personally seen any all mid lobbies, but I am a fan of the gametype

--I would say wait for a beta key, or buy a key off someone for way cheaper than 40.

there is a ranking system, search your last game and use the skill bracket filter.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#6gism1337Posted 7/11/2012 3:35:35 PM
i didnt buy dota2 but this game is well worth 40$
---
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | Phenom II X4 955 | 4GB DDR3 | EVGA GTX 470 | Corsair 600w | W7 64-bit
#7sonic_c_tailPosted 7/11/2012 5:48:02 PM(edited)
Not when it's going to be f2p that's just a silly cash grab. Wait for the key, or buy 1 off somebody.
---
Flit Asuno - Human (R) - Ship 02 - Pso2 Jp
Yoko Kazamori - Newman (F) - Ship 02 - Pso2 Jp
#8SpeedDemon20Posted 7/11/2012 6:19:25 PM
No, gism is right. $40 is a ridiculously good price, despite the fact that the game will be free to play.

---
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/2858/fanart/f1244804694.jpg
I hate resorting to violence...
#9funkyfritterPosted 7/11/2012 8:12:10 PM
1. there is no formal ranking system, queuing uses your mmr for matchmaking purposes, but your win % isn't displayed on your profile or anything.

2. Yes

3. It's worth buying, but you can get it much cheaper than the store price. Just go to the steam trading forums and you should be able to find someone willing to trade an invite for a $10 steam game pretty easily.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!