Who programmed this ****ing GAME????????

#1GoodziillaPosted 7/22/2012 5:42:59 PM
So I don't have the greatest computer in the world, AND not the best internet. BUT no other game that I play needs more than 1.5 min to load everything into memory <or get kicked>. Basically I just need to call off the first "found game" cuz my comp wont load in time. But it works for every sequential game <stuffs already been loaded into memory>.

THEN THE INTERENT. So I have a "decent" to say the best internet, and it works for what I need. HOWEVER DOTA big battles lag to no end. "HEAVILY MODIFIED SOURCE ENGINE." Ask yourself, what's the source engine? AN FPS GEARED SYSTEM!! So now we're trying to program an RTS game in to an FPS engine. I wish i majored in programming so I could see for myself what horrible code went into this game. Load times, lag... I get the feeling the people making DOTA 2 may be good at "making the game," BUT THEY AREN'T PROGRAMMERS.

Discuss
#2neji69Posted 7/22/2012 5:51:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3praetor fenixPosted 7/22/2012 5:52:18 PM
Your computer is made out of wood, so Dota is a badly programmed game.
---
[S]olitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short. - Leviathan
Nyar
#4someguyshandPosted 7/22/2012 5:52:19 PM
Who programmed this ****ing GAME????????

I bet it was Fred Fuchs
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1187135/you-re-tearing-me-apart-lisa-o.gif
#5Blizzard09Posted 7/22/2012 6:00:11 PM
The programming in this game is not of the greatest, but then again its a BETA so thats what happens in BETA are not final programming.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#6xHFxPosted 7/22/2012 6:06:29 PM
Uh... Umm... Why don't you list your specs out here and we'll determine whether or not your computer is **** or DotA is just really really poorly optimized?
#7xoAxeloxPosted 7/22/2012 6:11:13 PM
tldr: my computer sucks wah wah wah
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#8anthracite919Posted 7/22/2012 6:13:47 PM
I thought whether or not someone lagged during a big team fight was more related to the performance of your computer than your internet.

TC, have you ever checked your latency in a game by typing, -ping?
#9DejanjiPosted 7/22/2012 6:21:29 PM
Even on low with an integrated video card, you would be able to play it fine if your computer wasn't like 5-10 years old...
---
I don't give a damn if you don't like me, because I don't like you, because you're not like me.
#10cavebear56Posted 7/22/2012 6:40:24 PM
To answer your question TC I believe it was Fred Savage.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.