What player level do you have to be to make the terrible disappear?

#1NormalCatPosted 9/10/2012 11:16:42 AM
I'm not just talking about players who make bad decisions in fights and cause us to lose or people that have sub-par builds or anything like that, I'm talking about things like these 4 games that I've played today:

Game 1 - 30 minutes in someone disconnects and the rest of his team follow
Game 2 - See above but it's on our team
Game 3 - Someone on my team quits after 30 SECONDS because they didn't get to go mid, even though someone else had already called mid at the start of the pick screen.
Game 4 - "we are freidns on skype" picked two carries, insisted on laning together and fed horribly. They didn't say they were planning on this until AFTER picks, meaning that me and another guy were forced to play a duo support lane against an anti-mage that we didn't have a chance to stop farming.

..But it's ok, because one of the "freidns" disconnected after about 30 minutes.

Seriously, I know there are always going to be problems like this when you're first starting out in any game, but I don't remember anything else being this bad. How long does it take for stuff like this to (mostly) stop happening?
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/randomdog
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0n0u5Wqx21qg7eypo1_250.gif
#2funkyfritterPosted 9/10/2012 11:19:41 AM
Until you get better.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#3DejanjiPosted 9/10/2012 11:57:05 AM(edited)
Around 1000++ pages in threads you can find on sites that sum up to "MMR could care less about anything but your actual skill" so if you're with terrible players in normal.......
---
I don't give a damn if you don't like me, because I don't like you, because you're not like me.
#4xoAxeloxPosted 9/10/2012 12:57:06 PM
none. even if you're a professional dota player you're going to get **** teammates still because the matchmaking isnt perfect and pubs will be pubs.

honestly the matchmaking system right now is a complete joke and doesnt even pair you with people your skill level. the other day i was matched with 4 kids with ~100 wins each and the history page lists it a "very high skill" when we had an am picker that took 20 minutes to freefarm a bfury and then spent the next 10 minutes trying to play ganker instead of farm
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#5NormalCat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2012 1:33:54 PM
Dejanji posted...
Around 1000++ pages in threads you can find on sites that sum up to "MMR could care less about anything but your actual skill" so if you're with terrible players in normal.......

Or perhaps I've only actually played about 10 game of this which have counted due to everyone leaving and it making the match count for nothing?

Sure, if I'm still having problems at 200+ games then yeah, I'm probably just bad, but at the moment it's literally because I'm new.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/randomdog
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0n0u5Wqx21qg7eypo1_250.gif
#6mafiafunPosted 9/10/2012 3:09:58 PM
That sounds like bottom tier, in the middle everyone stays but just yells at each other and then throws the game.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#7Kevman510Posted 9/10/2012 3:15:58 PM
I've got ~700 games played, and I got paired with a guy the other day that had never played Ancient Apparition. Ever. I don't get it, how does that even happen?
---
Brawl Code: 2320-5808-6078
Name: Rollo
#8ChaapPosted 9/10/2012 3:20:40 PM
in very high everyone is still terrible, but they think they're good and get really mad at everything
---
Some people are just dumb
#9chaoslordisgoodPosted 9/11/2012 12:14:56 AM
Even at the professional level there is still Moscow5, Absolute Legends, and Come With Me.

There is no escape.
---
Lik-Sang was a criminal organization - C4111
#10ElevatorsSCPosted 9/11/2012 12:47:39 AM
I have close to 350 wins. Today I played a game with someone who was in a 4 person "stack" who only had 4 wins. They were all pretty terrible, even his friends who had ~200+. The completely new guy randomed (horrible choice for new players) and got clinkz. Had reg boots at the 30 minutes mark.

So basically, there are always ways to run into completely terrible players no matter what skill level you're at. I knew 4 minutes in that we were most likely going to lose due to a clinkz dazzle lane somehow failing hard. But it's a pub. Try your best to win the game and make big plays and don't get bent out of shape when you lose.
---
eLevatoRs