Who's the best carry?

#1RealYoraePosted 10/2/2012 11:27:48 AM
I've been trying my hands at carries, and I find Ursa and Lycan to be fine jungling but it's hard to find someone capable of dealing with solo lanes properly.

I've played Pudge (don't think he's actually a carry iirc) and without wards I find it extremely difficult to gank, and end up pulling people over to kill me sometimes, still needs work.

Spectre Anti-mage and Phantom Lancer seem to take way too long to get farmed though I have had some success as PL.

My most successful hero is Templar's Assassin for carries, but I want to try my hands on some different ones, and wondering who would be a good mid carry or ganker to get some experience on.

Or in general who do you think the best all around carries are.
---
It is not things, but opinions about things that have absolutely no existence, which have so deranged mankind! - Nietzsche
#2ShieldYourEyesPosted 10/2/2012 11:28:50 AM
Faceless Void
---
Now he sits around and he stares at the walls.
He can't do anything at all. He can't do anything at all.
#3SwaglockHolmesPosted 10/2/2012 11:28:52 AM
depends on the game
---
last.fm/user/woojae
#4IynxorPosted 10/2/2012 11:29:55 AM
depends on the game

---
Rick Perry ads are written like Mad Libs, only every blank space is 'something stupid.' ~skullmagic2
http://i.imgur.com/jNe4H.jpg
#5xoAxeloxPosted 10/2/2012 11:51:42 AM
everything is situational, but the best carries in general are:

- antimage
- lycanthrope
- naga siren
- morphling
- chaos knight

+ a couple others, and other heroes like juggernaut, void, etc. are mediocre to decent and more situational than above heroes
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#6Sub TankPosted 10/2/2012 11:52:30 AM
AM, Lycan, Morph, and Void are all capable of destroying the opposing team under most circumstances. Easy to farm with, and insanely easy to escape from ganks. Really dangerous if they get the items they need. Basically, if you're in a pub and your team doesn't have a carry, picking one of those guys isn't going to screw you over.

The other carries are good, and probably more fun, but they're more situational. Then you have your pubstompers like Riki and Ursa, which are great until you get countered.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
#7RealYorae(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 12:34:22 PM(edited)
Who is the counter for Riki? Slardar or BH maybe?
Also yeah CK is good I do enjoy playing him once he gets going.
I have a hell of a time surviving as Siren during the lane phase.
I'll try Riki and see how he works out.
---
It is not things, but opinions about things that have absolutely no existence, which have so deranged mankind! - Nietzsche
#8SwaglockHolmesPosted 10/2/2012 12:34:06 PM
RealYorae posted...

force staff/gem
---
last.fm/user/woojae
#9kirbyeatsbombsPosted 10/2/2012 12:34:28 PM
RealYorae posted...

And 180/200/700 gold.
---
DrFeelgood1984 is a bro
#10ScarletShinPosted 10/2/2012 12:37:47 PM
Wasn't there a topic like this?

Void is still my vote.
---
It is within dreams that there is reality
It is within me that there is the universe