Who's the best carry?

#21xoAxeloxPosted 10/3/2012 11:45:19 AM
too squishy
too dependent on lucky crits
too dependent on bkb
no reliable form of escape (needs a unit to "blink" to)
cannot flash farm well compared to other carries
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#22blade6321Posted 10/3/2012 11:46:13 AM(edited)
Yuseke111 posted...
why not PA?

You mean in terms of hard carry or just in general carry?

xoAxelox posted...
too squishy
too dependent on lucky crits
too dependent on bkb
no reliable form of escape (needs a unit to "blink" to)
cannot flash farm well compared to other carries

=3
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#23Yuseke111Posted 10/3/2012 11:48:36 AM
hard carry....guess she is outclassed by void in every way pretty much...

but isn't she a decent anti-carry carry with all that dodge?
#24blade6321Posted 10/3/2012 11:49:16 AM
Yuseke111 posted...
hard carry....guess she is outclassed by void in every way pretty much...

but isn't she a decent anti-carry carry with all that dodge?

MKB.
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#25HireshendoPosted 10/3/2012 1:43:55 PM
CK and Morph are probably the strongest carries start to finish. The combination of burst DPS and scaling make them strong heroes from level 1 on. AM comes in a close third in my book, simply because he snowballs incredibly hard, and that IAS is ridiculous.

Void is strong in teamfight lineups because of chronosphere.

Lycan is strong in push lineups because he can push so. damn. hard.

Most other carries/hard carries are limited by their need for significant items to contribute or tapered off late game imo.
#26Lordaeron86Posted 10/3/2012 6:02:47 PM
CK was relegated to roamer or just a 4 second stun creep in the International 2 in a LOT of the games I saw.

Personally, I think I've seen a CK carry hard only once. 90% of the time I see him picked he ends up becoming a slightly tankier melee venge without the aura or swap. I never see him actually outcarry heroes like morph, void, TA, or AM. He's seriously overrated as a hard carry because he is possibly the worst farmer out of all the "top carries" people consider. He just farms so freakin slow even with free farm compared to other heroes with blink and or nukes. Even SK farms faster than him cuz he can jungle and farm ancients relatively early on.
---
"To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it."
#27MoonDanceKidPosted 10/3/2012 6:32:47 PM
Most professional games play him as the "2" role. You can play him as the "1" role, but I look at CK more as a mid game monstrosity versus a late game god that heroes such as Morphling and AM are. He can certainly become that, but I think he shines more at mid because unlike those heroes, he has the necessary tools and damage to dish out good damage on little items.
---
"I am not obliged to use more thought in my post than you used in yours."
#28xoAxeloxPosted 10/3/2012 7:12:49 PM
he's delegated to a ganker role because thats what hes best at earlygame. hes not a farmer. he doesnt have flash farm potential and hes a carry that relies more on momentum to do well over anything else, similar to a hero like nightstalker.

he relies on kills for a good portion of his gold and from midgame to lategame he can transition into a lategame monster.
---
#29Lordaeron86Posted 10/4/2012 12:00:35 AM
xoAxelox posted...
he's delegated to a ganker role because thats what hes best at earlygame. hes not a farmer. he doesnt have flash farm potential and hes a carry that relies more on momentum to do well over anything else, similar to a hero like nightstalker.

he relies on kills for a good portion of his gold and from midgame to lategame he can transition into a lategame monster.

exactly my point. he sucks at being a hard carry.
---
"To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it."
#30xoAxeloxPosted 10/4/2012 12:18:03 AM

he hard carries fine. im sure if you decided to build qb/bfury on a ck he would be able to farm extremely well; not as well as other carries like antimage, but well enough to get 500-600+ gpm if he was left to afk farm for a good portion of the game. people choose not to do this though. why? because it wastes his massive ganking and pushing potential. so, people choose to make him more of a ganker oriented hero that poops on kids, helps get map control, and if he does it well enough he can transition into one of the most powerful hard carries into the game.

have you ever imagined a 6 slotted ck? he has one of the hardest carry potentials in the game because of phantasm. an item build like heart, skadi, bfly, manta, treads/bots, and another item on a ck is like the hardest thing to deal with ever unless you have MASSIVE aoe, and even then its still hard to eat through the amount of hp illusions get from heart and other items.
---