Who should babysit me?

#1RealYoraePosted 10/3/2012 9:41:59 AM
Who's the best babysitters for the hard carries that need babysitters and why?

I was thinking Lich would make an excellent Faceless Void babysitter since he's good at harassing and slowing, sacrifice pulls the lane back easily and has near infinite mana, plus at level 6 a lane could be won with double ultimate. Chronosphere them in place and send the bouncy ball of death in while wailing on them.
---
It is not things, but opinions about things that have absolutely no existence, which have so deranged mankind! - Nietzsche
#2iTz_SLammiPosted 10/3/2012 9:43:43 AM
Im just gonna throw out some heroes: CM, Dazzle, Veno, Omni.
---
Twitter: @_SammiB
Xbox Live: XtremeXtremist
#3blade6321Posted 10/3/2012 10:09:50 AM
Lich Void is really good, cm and veno are really good in general.

Also, don't pick void too much- at least not instalock. It's really a **** move when someone locks in void for little or no reason. Same with most hard carries though.

But yeah, lich veno cm all come to mind.
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#4IynxorPosted 10/3/2012 10:24:55 AM
Dazzle isn't as great a babysitter as you'd think. His lane presence isn't as strong as Veno, CM, Lich, et al.
---
Your trolling is like a failed fishing trip, but without the beer and camaraderie. ~ _Rushdown_
#5MusashiExtraPosted 10/3/2012 10:26:19 AM
I like solo Dazzle. Too legit.
---
The shining light in the darkness...
Isn't it awful... to have wings... and not know how to use them... | Tega.
#6RealYorae(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:52:14 AM
Oh I don't insta lock void, I just tend to random and been working on some of the more difficult ones to pub at and Void is rough without a good lane partner.

I was also planning on having a friend start playing and been training them in bot matches but it would be better if I was the carry and they supported just because of the skill gap between us, so I am trying to think of best laning duo's such as FV and Lich. I am interested in hearing other laning partners too.
---
It is not things, but opinions about things that have absolutely no existence, which have so deranged mankind! - Nietzsche
#7blade6321Posted 10/3/2012 11:16:50 AM
Ok, cool ^^

Yeah veno and cm, as I've said, are probably the two which will go with almost every carry.

Earthshaker will go well with most ranged carries, weaver especially.
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#8RealYorae(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 11:29:58 AM(edited)
But what are some of the carries that would go best with them. I'm looking for high synergy heroes.

Another example I was thinking was Riki, and most stunners but in particular someone like Ogre Magi since bloodlust and stun with blink and slow could dominate someone very quickly.

I had a match where I was Lina in a Lina CK lane, and I found we were a very good pairing too, he could start the stun and we'd hammer then land my stun and burst burst burst.

I have no idea who would work well with people like Naga Siren, Phantom Lancer, or Spirit Breaker though. I'm sure veno and cm would work in most situations and they are always a relaible pick, but yeah I'm looking for some detailed suggestions, I appreciate the input so far though. :D

Edit : I have never played Weaver but I have ES, what makes their pairing so good? Weaver is an annoying creature for sure, but never found a really good one that dominates.
---
#9blade6321Posted 10/3/2012 11:43:28 AM(edited)
Weaver ES- Lots of stuns are good, ranged goes well with ES as you make up for his, well, lack of range.

Plenty to do with fissure too, you can attack over it but mostly that combined with sekuchi make you near impossible to kill, and, although it's not a big thing, his swarm helps you land a good echoslam through vision.

CM is also quite good with weaver, but that's mostly cm being cm and the mana regen helps a lot.

Naga tide= massive armour reduction, and double ult combo.

Juggs veno= easy kills against bad players, and/or complete zoning. Gale+spin is a very easy first blood if they don't have blink or similar.

CK AA: CK stun, cold feet, dead. That;s all.

CK Wisp- global ganking with CK is pretty deadly, and faster movement speed is scary- tp in, stun, whack to death, repeat. Tiny wisp works similarly

Leshrac shadow demon or sand king leshrac also work very well (you can setup lesh's stun really easy), although they're not 'carry' lanes per-say.

EDIT: Weaver is fairly hard to play, and isn't picked too often in dota 2 anymore. Once he has hood/heart he's near unkillable.

EDIT II: Not really a carry imo, not sure what I'd call it. But yes 'carry' lesh is fine.
---
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#10MusashiExtraPosted 10/3/2012 11:40:41 AM
Carry Leshrac is legit.
---
The shining light in the darkness...
Isn't it awful... to have wings... and not know how to use them... | Tega.