People that play without sound frustrate me

#1geno21Posted 10/4/2012 9:55:38 AM
I get that some people enjoy listening to music or something while they play, that's fine. But one thing that just aggravates me in pub games is when I call mia (which I do over the mic generally) and they don't hear it since their sound is off, then they proceed to rage at me for not calling missing. If people want to ignore sound missing calls then it should be their own responsibility to pay attention to who is missing, its not my job to cater to your preference of mia call methods. /rant
---
Unintentionally following in the footsteps of The_Great_Geno
#2SpeedDemon20Posted 10/4/2012 10:00:10 AM
I agree.

---
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/2858/fanart/f1244804694.jpg
I hate resorting to violence...
#3IynxorPosted 10/4/2012 10:15:17 AM(edited)
"if ur talkni @me i cant here u, no sound.. i lisnin 2 music"

everyone who says that should be given a house call from the gaben, in which he beats the bajeezus out of them with a 2x4
---
"You know how people say, 'You just went there?' Well I F***ING LIVE THERE." ~Mutton
#4funkyfritterPosted 10/4/2012 10:15:42 AM
The only thing you control is your own actions. If you want to maximize your chances use the method of communication that reaches the most people.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#5UltraCookiePosted 10/5/2012 3:25:43 PM
funkyfritter posted...
The only thing you control is your own actions. If you want to maximize your chances use the method of communication that reaches the most people.

So what if someone wants to play without sound AND blindfolded? Does it become my responsibility to install Dota on a laptop and pick up the other 3 members from their houses and drive to Mr. Blindfold's house to communicate with him?

Microphones are included as a standard feature in Dota 2. No one should have to NOT use microphones just because their teammates want to listen to music.

Now, granted I understand that you aren't saying that it's right, simply that he has no control over it, but it should be a reportable offense. It's deliberately doing something that damages the efficacy of your own team. I don't even care if the reports actually go through to Valve, I just want the other person to realise that it's freaking stupid to play a team oriented game and listen to music.
#6UltraCookiePosted 10/5/2012 3:29:33 PM
On that note, I've actually had someone abuse a teammate for not calling missing (he did, over mic) BEFORE that teammate told us he didn't have sound on. Like, he was genuinely fuming because our microphone using teammate couldn't read his mind.
#7ChaapPosted 10/5/2012 3:30:50 PM
i usually don't use sound
---
Some people are just dumb
#8Zaron9Posted 10/5/2012 3:49:05 PM
Some (most from my experience) peoples' mics are REALLY QUIET. So it's not that we don't want to hear you. We can't hear you. And I even have headphones on at a high sound level.
#9TME_GuyPosted 10/5/2012 4:00:24 PM
how about not being able to turn off mic even if you turn off sound option? that would be kinda better
---
"NOMOBUYO, OSHI, HASHITAWA, DOGEDA, GUNMICHA, DE, RIBURA!"
#10AngelofD3thPosted 10/5/2012 4:03:05 PM
What annoys me even more is when people use mics and literally no one can hear them ALL game. We repeat that fact to them all game, and they still continue to use it and not communicate in text.
---
---
Curses and cranberries! I must get to Plymouth now! There must be a way!?