Was old magnataur ult OP?

#1AngelofD3thPosted 10/5/2012 4:01:07 PM
I remember when reverse polarity was a an aoe that was not frontal. No one ever said Mag was op or even close to back then. Back when he had passive cleave and enrage only added damage.

Would it be too op if he had it now?
---
---
Curses and cranberries! I must get to Plymouth now! There must be a way!?
#2funkyfritterPosted 10/5/2012 4:33:46 PM
The skill was too potent in aoe lineups to make him usable for anything else without being too good. By reducing the effectiveness of his ult they made the rest of his skills better.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#3DejanjiPosted 10/5/2012 7:37:54 PM
Well, before he just had a generic shockwave, generic cleave, empower, and a ult that would basically vacuum and stun everybody within the ults range. Was like that for quite a long time really. Empower didn't give cleave also as the cleave ability would suggest.

He still wasn't that great or anything and would need to farm up a blink dagger asap or resort to sitting in the back shooting out a very low damage shockwave/empowering teammates..

Although there was plenty of versions where he could just go shockwave/stats with 1 point into empower since the cleave was so low and nothing scaled well. It would allow him to farm with shockwave easier and get a bit more of a presence before he got his blink/items and could do something more.
---
I don't give a damn if you don't like me, because I don't like you, because you're not like me.
#4ChaapPosted 10/5/2012 10:38:28 PM
huh? the aoe never changed, it just pulls them to a spot in front of him now so he can cleave and shockwave all of them. it's better than it was before.
---
Some people are just dumb
#5EarthshakerPosted 10/6/2012 10:05:25 AM
The only changes are A.) the stun is longer, as befitting an ultimate and B.) he doesn't automatically creepblock himself when doing it.
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.] {Cogito ergo sum... cogito.}
Sept. 20th, 2010 - 5K karmaversary. ASURAS AREN'T NORN FURNITURE!
#6ShaphrionPosted 10/6/2012 11:28:21 AM
His old one was weaker then the new one.
---
To most Christians, the bible is like a license agreement. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I Agree".