Whaddya guys think of Soul Ring on Sven?

#11funkyfritterPosted 11/19/2012 8:33:29 AM
Sven scales too well to want to spend money on pure regen. A magic stick and careful management should suffice for a farming build. Ganking sven needs mana, buy he also needs to be active before you would finish your soul ring. Clarities into mana boots is generally the best setup in that case.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#12Ultima_Weapon33Posted 11/19/2012 9:55:13 AM(edited)
Get an urn, and tread switch. You won't have mana problems, even if you don't do double stats. In fact, you can even throw stuns out on forest camps without much problem.

This will also allow you to salve yourself after kills, and give you actual health and damage. Nine thousand times better than a soul ring.

What is a BM? Blademail... ? >_>
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#13PooiPosted 11/19/2012 10:47:28 AM
Good item build for Sven:

Armlet -> BKB
Drums -> BKB

Luxury: Daedalus, Cuirass, Heart, Satanic.

Situational: Blink, Halberd.

Wand is a good idea. You don't want to waste money on soul ring if you're gonna carry. Power treads is good, just keep changing them to afford stuns. Each point of strength scales extremely well and you need the attack speed.

I don't really like MoM on Sven, but it works if your opponents can't focus you down, otherwise it just reduces your EHP by 23%, one of the best items in the game if you want to get squishy. Daedalus reduces opponent's EHP by 30% in comparison.

Urn is okay if you're gonna roam, but it isn't needed if you go carry Sven. It slows your other items down, and your allies should have mana boots up anyway.
#14VicViperMkIIIPosted 11/19/2012 2:53:11 PM
-Power treads on INT or
-get Tranquil and Soul ring or
-get extra tango at start of game and go soul ring or
-arcane boots if no one else is buying them or
-Basilius

These are the ways I solve early game mana.
generally though, you don't want to spam with sven. Unless you have a soul ring or arcane, you should only be using your stun for ganks.
#15TME_GuyPosted 11/19/2012 3:20:27 PM
I mostly get Arcane, Drums(if no one is planning to get it), BKB, MoM, Daed and I'd probably be stomping.

Sometimes I'd get FS but that's because it's fun to get FS on almost every hero.
---
"NOMOBUYO, OSHI, HASHITAWA, DOGEDA, GUNMICHA, DE, RIBURA!"
#16S0uIjaBoYisKiNGPosted 11/19/2012 3:33:14 PM
this is the classic pro build for sven

wand>bracer>soul ring>treads>blink>bkb>whatever you need like more crit or damage or cuirass or something
---
official rap superstar/playa/real as elected by citizens of the zelda skyward zord bward of the zelda skyward sword boards
#17crunchy612(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:02:23 PM
Imma try Soul Ring + Tranq later. As a semicarry ofc.
---
Proud Quitting Returner.
Yancy so kawaii ~ http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbremyDrun1qlpahho1_500.jpg
#18Ultima_Weapon33Posted 11/19/2012 7:06:46 PM
Sucky.

Have you ever laned with a kotl?
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#19Rising_FalconPosted 11/19/2012 7:34:35 PM
I play sven A LOT.I used to have mana problems but now i rarely have any problems because of smart mana management and my item build.I always get a magic stick bracer into drums(even if someone on the team already has it drums is a very cost efficient item in terms of stats).Treads switching also helps a lot but sometimes i even go phase and i'm fine. I usually get 1 level of warcry at level 2 then just put stats for a few levels and all my mana problems are solved.
---
99% of the people who have signatures like these think it's clever and funny.If you're one of the 1% who find it dumb,put this in your signature.
#20extremejonPosted 11/19/2012 7:48:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]