Why don't some people buy Mask of Madness on Void?

#1dwagoPosted 12/4/2012 12:47:08 PM
I don't understand why not, can somebody elaborate? Yes, I'm bad just recently got 200 wins.
---
"Don't expect anything in your life because then you can be suprised by the small things." -dwago.
#2EarthshakerPosted 12/4/2012 1:19:16 PM
MoM is occasionally a bad idea if the enemy team has certain hard-hitting, long-ranged magic abilities, as Backtrack won't save you from EVERYTHING. And do you REALLY want to take an amplified Laguna Blade to the face? Sure, you can dodge it, but what about one of Void's biggest support-counters, Jakiro? Standing in Macropyre while taking bonus damage from it pretty much ruins your ult and your day.
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.] {Cogito ergo sum... cogito.}
Sept. 20th, 2010 - 5K karmaversary. ASURAS AREN'T NORN FURNITURE!
#3The Real TruthPosted 12/4/2012 1:21:47 PM
Because it sucks.
---
Tornadoman78:
tornadoman and tornadogirl like to kick box each other in my tornaolayzers and she dosent even mind getting hit
#4DarkishFriendPosted 12/4/2012 1:49:17 PM
Because there are good substitutes for it. Void's starting health and str gain are pretty low, so with MoM you are carrying a big ass sign that says please nuke me.
---
TF2, a game about spending RL money to open an ingame item, to receive an ingame item, to trade for an ingame item. Oh, and there is some shooter minigame.
#5xoAxeloxPosted 12/4/2012 1:51:54 PM
its a cheap, cost-efficient item but you need a BKB on him to make it viable

it really just depends on how much farm void has. if he really needs to do more damage and doesnt have a lot of gold, then MoM might be the only option. however, if void can gain sufficient farm, its better to spend the gold towards other big items like manta, bfly, mjollnir, etc.
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#6PooiPosted 12/4/2012 1:57:42 PM
It's good for solo kills, not so good for teamfights if you don't have a BKB.

Not good for a first item, you want either bfury or maelstrom to get your farm rate up.

Mask of madness overall is one of the greatest DPS items and escape items (thanks to the increased movement speed buff). It's underrated.
#7ToolRulez345Posted 12/4/2012 2:02:40 PM
Well when do you know if you should get a bfury or a maelstrom? When I play Void I typically do the standard rush bfury, but now that someone has mentioned it I think I would like Maelstrom more. Is one a clear choice over the other?
#8xoAxeloxPosted 12/4/2012 2:07:18 PM
bfury is generally a better option because it gives you regen which void desperately needs but maelstrom (not mjollnir) is a much more cost-efficient item
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#9quinikkPosted 12/4/2012 2:35:18 PM
I usually get MoM on Void but you'd need some damage for it to be really effective which is why I always pick up either BF or chrysalis on him first. The thing is, those two items are usually enough to get kills early on after which I end up with something around 4.5k gold in my bank. With that amount of money, why would you spend it on a measly MoM?
---
Just let it go, alright.
#10FoxyArekuPosted 12/4/2012 2:43:53 PM(edited)
Generally a crap item that you should never build unless you can't afford one of the dozen better items.

But if you are that underfarmed you will probably lose anyway.

Also no offense, but lol at it being a good escape tool.
"I'm running away, lets just make sure I take double damage from everything first...."
---
Yes, I changed my sig.. Why was I still acting like I care about that game anyway?