Why don't some people buy Mask of Madness on Void?

#11blade6321Posted 12/4/2012 2:42:56 PM
You die fast and kinda need BKB- if farming well and going for late game something then Butterfly and Satanic are much better- you won't get them both at first or for nearly as cheap, but you'll get them eventually. Battle fury first lets you farm up whatever you need.
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#12LookANinjaPosted 12/4/2012 3:03:26 PM
I've been going battlefury AND maelstrom to mjolnir. I should probably stop.
---
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/56/picturesig.jpg
#13Ultima_Weapon33Posted 12/4/2012 4:29:23 PM
I'd rather get HoD anyday because it's more efficient and you can stack your ancients / pull a centaur into the enemy team after a good chrono for imbastuns.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#14PooiPosted 12/4/2012 4:41:36 PM
FoxyAreku posted...
Generally a crap item that you should never build unless you can't afford one of the dozen better items.

But if you are that underfarmed you will probably lose anyway.

Also no offense, but lol at it being a good escape tool.
"I'm running away, lets just make sure I take double damage from everything first...."

You don't take double damage from MoM, and movement speed is a great deterrent from ganks. Ever heard of sprint? Positioning over EHP, meaning if you can't get out you're most likely dead anyway. Mask of madness is definitely not a crap item, you just have to use it correctly.
#15PooiPosted 12/4/2012 4:44:06 PM
LookANinja posted...
I've been going battlefury AND maelstrom to mjolnir. I should probably stop.

Maelstrom/mjolnir is efficient, dmg-wise. So it's not a bad build.
#16funkyfritterPosted 12/4/2012 5:03:01 PM
Mask of madness is only a good option when you need to contribute to fights early. If you're farming well and not under pressure you're better off saving for bigger items.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#17Alr3m1Posted 12/4/2012 5:24:55 PM
Too many hypothetical situations here. Coupled with his R, mask of madness isn't a bad option by any means. Sure, build battle fury as well- but darting around inside your R bursting kids down with +100 attack speed is nothing to laugh at.
#18Ultima_Weapon33Posted 12/4/2012 5:58:39 PM
It also has synergy with Backtrack in that 130% damage is turned into 97.5% damage, and Time Lock with the attack speed.

I don't like it though because I feel like paying 1000 gold for an active that has a drastic downside is pretty not good, but it is pretty good on Void because it has four synergies with all of his abilities. And as Maglev says, it is really good for escaping.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#19Tekken9292Posted 12/4/2012 10:58:43 PM
Umm, is everyone forgetting the fact that MoM is used in conjunction with Void's ultimate for faster kills?
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.
#20rabies_nekoPosted 12/4/2012 11:13:51 PM
Tekken9292 posted...
Umm, is everyone forgetting the fact that MoM is used in conjunction with Void's ultimate for faster kills?

Yeah its not like people outside can hit you with spells or attacks. Oh wait.

The main problem is that people don't have the skill to get a good chrono off and just end up getting demolished when they miss the Lion/Lina etc.