Hide matchmaking history

#1UltraCookiePosted 1/23/2013 7:45:34 PM
You can now hide your matchmaking history to prevent it from being used by Dotabuff. Do you think this was this a deliberate counter to Dotabuff's recent announcement of DBR, or is this something Valve always intended to do?

Personally I'm kind of disappointed that Valve is doing something like this, but will it even have much of an impact on Dotabuff? Wouldn't it just take one person in your game with the sharing turned on in order for Dotabuff to add the game to your record?
#2PirahnoPlantmanPosted 1/23/2013 7:49:40 PM
Ofcourse it's deliberate, and ofcourse Valve would respond like this. It's chemo.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EternalFreeWeekend Eternal Free Weekend stream group is open for all :D
#3UltraCookie(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:54:15 PM
Locking my thread because there's another thread further down. Didn't use the right search term >.<
#4davidg4lPosted 1/23/2013 7:54:26 PM
UltraCookie posted...
Wouldn't it just take one person in your game with the sharing turned on in order for Dotabuff to add the game to your record?

I never really think about it that way.
I think it's possible, I don't know how this system really works.
Inevitably, It's going to impact dotabuff. Though it depends on how many actually know about this change (since it's automatically set to private)
---
Trigonometry is a math subject consisting of the study of triangles which can be briefly explained with the equation : Mind = Blown
#5UltraCookie(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:58:22 PM(edited)
davidg4l posted...
UltraCookie posted...
Wouldn't it just take one person in your game with the sharing turned on in order for Dotabuff to add the game to your record?

I never really think about it that way.
I think it's possible, I don't know how this system really works.
Inevitably, It's going to impact dotabuff. Though it depends on how many actually know about this change (since it's automatically set to private)

it's automatically set to private

That's really the decider here. If it were automatically public, it wouldn't be a problem, but who knows how many in the community actually use Dotabuff regularly enough to set it to public.

At the very least, we will get out DBR rating as of the update date since Dotabuff already has our history. It's just won't really be accurate from there onwards.