Does anyone else have an DotA alt?

#1LRN_2_PLAYPosted 1/30/2013 5:15:06 AM
Honestly, having one has really changed my attitude towards the game. I have my srs account where I practice the role I play for my team, play heroes I am very good with and just generally try as hard as possible to play well. I've got a good win ratio there, and it keeps me bouncing nicely between the two upper pools.

But I've also got an account for fun. I use it to play AR, with friends (this was why I made a fun account tbh, got sick of playing support for friends who could literally only farm like 300 gpm as Lycan/AM/Sylla) and just for general fun shenanigans.

It has 2 massive benefits. First off, I don't have to play in the normal pool. I play 50-60% of my games with at least 1 relatively bad friend. Previously, that was enough to drag me back into normal a lot, which ended up with bad quality games. High is hardly perfect, but I find it to be rare for people to flame me for suggesting lane comps/not having farm as a hard support etc, there.

Secondly, it's such a mental relief. Being able to separate between serious and fun is amazing. It means that I don't have friends whining that I've picked BS, or that I'm using a cheesy strat (having said that, according to one friend, using euls into sunstrike= cheese...)

IDK why more people don't do it. It's not as if everyone doesn't have a billion invites and it really does have benefits.
---
<gfaqs> because yes <gfaqs>
Former TF2 Superstud. Currently looking to add DotA2 to my awful record in competitive gaming.
#2funkyfritterPosted 1/30/2013 5:41:26 AM
I prefer to just ignore my match history and play however I feel like.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#3DARKlegend64Posted 1/30/2013 5:49:12 AM
to each his own. I play Dota 1 as of now because it's more complete, although many quitters.
---
PKMN Black FC: 3568 7240 4459
PKMN White 2 FC: 0004 1159 8660
#4Dota2Posted 1/30/2013 5:53:18 AM
had an old account thats gone now so im forced to play on my alt
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/iCYIXeNk27ftW.gif
#5LRN_2_PLAY(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:57:02 AM
funkyfritter posted...

I tried this but seeing as I played a good 60% of my games in a funny way, when I came to playing seriously, I was paired up with...less than stellar teammates and opponents.
---
<gfaqs> because yes <gfaqs>
Former TF2 Superstud. Currently looking to add DotA2 to my awful record in competitive gaming.
#6Art3ZeroPosted 1/30/2013 8:55:29 AM
funkyfritter posted...

Same.
#7darkholyPLPosted 1/30/2013 10:16:06 AM
I have one, except I use them kind of backwards. Let me explain what I mean by that: I use my main to troll/try stuff out/in general have fun, and then I use my alt as my 'tryhard' account. Needless to say, the result of this, is that I don't get much exp. @main since I mostly stay in Low priority... not to mention like 33% win rate lol, and the fact that I rarely play it.
---
"..just scratch any opinion, and underneath it you'll find a human being, trying to justify their own existence." -Richard Jeni
R.o.B id: darkholypl
#8iTz_SLammiPosted 1/30/2013 10:19:53 AM
Was considering making an alt, but just to play ONE specific hero on it ONLY, just for kicks lol
---
Twitter: @_SammiB
Steam: iTz_SLammi
#9ScarletShinPosted 1/30/2013 4:16:08 PM
Combine the 2nd and 3rd guy and you have my statement.
---
...that's just ridiculous; no-one beats Sub-Zero.