My autoexec.cfg. If you don't know what that is, you must check this out.

#1Gyro822Posted 1/30/2013 7:53:45 PM
http://pastebin.com/EqBRSRmT

I have it pretty well documented. In order to get this to work. Right click dota 2 in steam, click Properties, Set Launch options and add:

-console -novid

Now copy the pastebin link into a text file and save it as autoexec.cfg to:

.../Steam/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/dota/cfg
so the file will be located at
.../Steam/steamapps/common/dota 2 beta/dota/cfg/autoexec.cfg

Now whenever you start steam this will execute automatically. However, you may need to either change some keybindings in the autoexec, or remove the keybindings from Dota.

ex.) F3 is a Quick Courier in Dota by default, but in this autoexec I have a better quick courier function set to F3, so you need to unbind it from Dota first.

Now to actually execute the script, you will have to open the console (either ` by default, or F10 with this script)

you can then type "exec autoexec" and it will work. Now you should be able to press F8 in the console to reload the config if needed.

Now if you want to use the invoker script, you will need to download tauron's invoker.cfg here:

http://pastebin.com/yUSLeRTJ

and save it in the same directory as your autoexec.cfg, but name it invoker.cfg.

Then when you pick invoker, just open the console and press F7. If that doesn't work, type "exec invoker.cfg". Also, please not the same keybinding rules apply. Eg if your items use 4 5 6 or Z X C V, you will need to change them, or find a new keybind in the invoker.cfg for them.

I hope this helps some people. I just never saw any topics on an autoexec here. It's kind of sloppy also, as I was in a hurry to type this.

Good Luck in your future games.
---
360 GT/PSN: frostysquirrels
Currently Playing: DayZ, Minecraft, Dota 2
#2zodac_spearPosted 1/30/2013 11:01:34 PM
You have vs-sync on, that's bad. Capping your fps at 60 can also be bad.
#3crazyjester32Posted 1/30/2013 11:45:04 PM
Jesus christ how bad can you be that you have to macro invokers skills?
#4xoAxeloxPosted 1/30/2013 11:45:25 PM
why would i ever want to use a script for invoker's spells

that takes half the fun away from playing him
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#5acesxhighPosted 1/31/2013 1:27:03 AM
You can bind controls ingame and macros are useless. Why do I need this again?
---
Official Ubisoft hater of everywhere
http://i.imgur.com/teH4y.gif
#6IynxorPosted 1/31/2013 5:58:57 AM
why would i ever want to use a script for invoker's spells

that takes half the fun away from playing him

---
I must say, this is the first time I've seen somebody mocked for not playing D&D. ~SubDeity
#7Gyro822(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:24:39 PM(edited)
acesxhigh posted...
You can bind controls ingame and macros are useless. Why do I need this again?

Because some of this stuff you cant change in game. Can you bind a key to check top/bone rune? I don't think so. Can you change the internet settings to get more fluid gameplay as much as an autoexec does? No. What about disabled screen shake? Again, no. Can you decide how much health you want there to be per marker in someones health bar? Once again, no.

There's a lot of options at can only be changed in the console. That's what this is for.

Also, my monitor's refresh rate is only 60Hz. If my fps goes any higher than that, my game gets all choppy and drops frames.

I don't know what's with all the hate, I'm just trying to help people out. But then again, this is GameFAQs where they all got giant e-peens they need to show off.

Also you do not need to use the Invoker script. I just put it in there because most pros use it, as well as most top Invoker's. Ive only played him twice myself.
---
#8FormalhautPosted 1/31/2013 12:29:53 PM
I just put it in there because most pros use it, as well as most top Invoker's.

lol no they do not
---
I'm not a troll or a moron. It's a joke. Humour exists. Google it.
#9Gyro822(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:33:16 PM(edited)
Formalhaut posted...
I just put it in there because most pros use it, as well as most top Invoker's.

lol no they do not

So when you see a pro Invoker invoker Chaos Meteor but still have 3 Exort/3 Quas/3 Wex out (i.e his orbs never change), you don't find that odd. Because I noticed with this script if you invoke something, it still retains the 3 orbs you had out prior to invoking the spell.

Hell I got the Invoker script from TeamLiquid's website.
---
#10FormalhautPosted 1/31/2013 12:45:32 PM(edited)
I've never seen that happen (invoking a spell without orbs changing at all).

If you watch any pro player's stream playing invoker, you can hear their keyboard clacking every orb out. Makes it irritating as f*** to watch but there is no way they're using macros for spells.

Not to mention that I saw that teamliquid thread you're talking about, and if you read anything beyond the first post a lot of players are criticising the OP for posting the invoker script, calling it cheating etc.

edit: I'm not saying that no one uses it. But suggesting that "most pros" and "most top invokers" use it is insane.
---
I'm not a troll or a moron. It's a joke. Humour exists. Google it.