Would you consider blink dagger an inexpensive item?

#1bman0123Posted 2/4/2013 8:34:47 PM
I've been talking to my friend and he finds farming gold easy. I have a really hard time getting gold in the game. Maybe i'm too used to playing supports.

Can you guys suggest some ideas to make my farming better? I play terribly as a carry

I always have a hard time farming gold for sand king, tide hunter.

Here's my dotabuff file so you can see for yourself

http://dotabuff.com/players/31146313
#2PooiPosted 2/4/2013 8:44:39 PM
It depends on how your team composition looks. SK is commonly played as a 4, while Tide is most often played as a 3.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't really be farming if your priority is too low, especially when you have a huge early game impact.

You can earn a lot of gold by just ganking, also if you want more gold overall, just minimize down time and be more efficient.

Running to base? Stop by the small camp. Nowhere to gank? Pull creeps. And if a lane should be free, then go ahead and farm it.
#3rabies_nekoPosted 2/4/2013 9:16:04 PM
For both Tide and SK specifically, stacking jungle camps and farming them with Anchor Smash/Caustic Finale gives you some easy farm. If you can't gank anyone just stack a camp and farm it later.
#4xoAxeloxPosted 2/4/2013 10:22:08 PM
efficient use of time is the key to playing carry well

that and being fundamentally good at the game (last hitting)
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#5Hydrox_ZPosted 2/4/2013 10:58:29 PM
sk and tide are insanely easy to farm with

stop being bad
#6XcaIIionPosted 2/5/2013 12:23:33 AM
Hydrox_Z posted...

stop being bad

im sure that this is all he needed. he was deliberately being bad and you just telling him "stop being bad" is gonna magically make him a great player. this was quite possibly the most useful piece of advice i've ever seen. from now on this is what i'm gonna say to all my teammates at the start of games, because i know how wonderfully helpful it is. thank you good ser for showing me the way to improve every gamer i come into contact with. this will certainly improve his gameplay more than any actual, detailed advice like instructional mechanics or even a link to someone else who will show him instructional mechanics. how do you do it every time, you wonderful human being?

ass
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#7Ether_StrikePosted 2/5/2013 12:33:26 AM
free farm level 25 6 slotted 30 minutes yolo
---
~SK
When I am taken, all my memories will fade, crowded out by eternal suffering.~Benjamin "Yahtzee" Croshaw
#8vegetakenPosted 2/5/2013 2:52:25 AM
Mildly off topic...when you lose do you sell off your boots or something? Checked a few of your games and youre missing boots :(
---
axe<great axe<greater axe<greatest axe. no need to thank me. ~_Emissary_
PSN: Sadboosh
#9bman0123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:15:40 AM
vegetaken posted...
Mildly off topic...when you lose do you sell off your boots or something? Checked a few of your games and youre missing boots :(

Yeah I don't want to be fountain killed so I just buy ghost scepter at the end
#10vegetakenPosted 2/5/2013 8:48:42 AM
ah ok, wasn't really expecting anything less. Plenty of games ive had nothing but couriers in my inventory because I think its funny.
---
axe<great axe<greater axe<greatest axe. no need to thank me. ~_Emissary_
PSN: Sadboosh