If someone DC

#1ThePCFanGirlPosted 2/4/2013 10:17:47 PM
Why don't people pause the game and give the person a couple of minutes to return.
---
Say no to D&D 4E!
#2Shinra-ArmyPosted 2/4/2013 10:23:38 PM
Because nobody wants to waste minutes of their life waiting for someone they don't know who may or may not return...and even if they do, some dick on the other team may unpause it.

Play with friends!
---
WRRYYYYers posted...
I am a former Spetsnaz operative and I have killed a taekwondo master before.
#3xoAxeloxPosted 2/4/2013 10:29:21 PM
some people want to get an advantage to win the game easier

personally i dont really find any enjoyment to winning 5v4s so i tend to wait unless the guy is clearly gone

or im mad
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#4TakeAHitJakePosted 2/4/2013 10:35:33 PM
I rarely see people unpause.
#5KuronoaPosted 2/4/2013 10:40:59 PM
I give them a courtesy limit but after a bit it's game on again.
---
Elegant Intricacies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDYhq9n0vYw&feature=plcp
#6UltraCookiePosted 2/4/2013 10:51:48 PM
They do. I always get reasonably lengthed pauses.
#7JowyBlightPosted 2/5/2013 1:07:35 AM
It kind of depends on the level of the game and how good it is, the higher of both, the better the chance is that enemy team will let you pause.
Of course there are jerks in every level that will unpause whenever they want.

The best time I had when I was playing vs. a 5 man stack and one of them needed to restart to fix a bug and we waited for him, and then one of our players disconnected.
I was dead and saw he was just auto attacking creeps for a few seconds while enemy QoP was hitting him, so I paused and then he DC-ed.

Guess what they did? Unpaused and killed him, before the guy returned.
We also had a guy suiciding and then AFK from 5 minutes in, so that was a free loss.
Really annoying since these are the kind of jerks you want to win against.
---
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."
#8funkyfritterPosted 2/5/2013 1:38:01 AM
Some people have very limited time to play and can't afford to wait around for 5 minutes. Some people want to maximize their time playing for practice rather than try to play as many complete games as possible, so they would rather keep going and don't care if it means starting a new game 5 minutes later.

It's unreasonable to expect 9 people to consistently wait because 1 guy is having connection issues. It's nice when they do, but if they want to play on you should accept it.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#9vegetakenPosted 2/5/2013 3:10:11 AM
Normally everyone waits for them to come back. If its over 5 minutes then either people will go afk to do something, grumble or just unpause it.

If the person comes back and the game is paused I do want a thanks or next time they get nothing. good day sir.
---
axe<great axe<greater axe<greatest axe. no need to thank me. ~_Emissary_
PSN: Sadboosh
#10XenoGranitePosted 2/5/2013 3:25:28 AM
I always wait and even pause if my team mates unpause if the game is tied of kinda close. If its a blow out I could care less either way. Only one time I had to hurry the game was running long and I had to catch a bus. I was the carry and they complained because there Lina was Afk for a phone call. We had the game won but I had five minutes and no matter what I had to leave.