I'm not exactly sure why I bother telling people their mistakes.

#21blade6321Posted 2/6/2013 11:03:31 AM
RPGManic posted...
Tell them in a nice way in broken english, if they react aggressively and start calling you "mad", "noob", then just proceed to bring up google translator and pretend your chinese.

What about when they realize you don't have 300cs by the ten minute mark?
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#22RPGManicPosted 2/6/2013 11:05:33 AM
blade6321 posted...
RPGManic posted...
Tell them in a nice way in broken english, if they react aggressively and start calling you "mad", "noob", then just proceed to bring up google translator and pretend your chinese.

What about when they realize you don't have 300cs by the ten minute mark?

I don't worry much about that, I usually do when I carry =).
#23AiphremPosted 2/6/2013 12:06:01 PM
The other day my friend called mid as timber for fun, then this guy on our team says "dude you're going to fail there are no trees mid" and proceeds to argue with him, and ends up saying "I'm not going to let you throw the game", picks silencer buys a bottle and goes mid with my friend. He ends up dying and costing my friend mid because they were sharing XP. The rest of the game he was completely useless, almost never used ult in team fights. Good thing me and PL were constantly pushing lanes and won.

It also sucks when people think they're being helpful by giving advice or taking initiative, but most of the time they don't know what they're talking about or are wrong. But I do correct team mates sometimes, even though it never helps...
---
Wrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!
Now playing: DotA 2 and anything else in between
#24ScarletShinPosted 2/6/2013 2:45:21 PM
I only point out other's mistakes (in game) defensively. Like my team says like "Cm, you not warding enuff", and I go, "wards have cd's! get damage items before calling me out!" so I tell the PA who went Vanguard and PMS. And they go "lols, wards cd for like 1 sec" and I go "shop cd, dummy", then if I'm unlucky, they might gang up on me and go "CM, where's ur bkb?" "cm, wer ur blink?" "cm wer ur mek?" "cm wr urs aghanems". At least they're not suggesting crazy builds (yet).

If I'm lucky they'll gang up on him. So most of the time, if you call me out and it's undeserved, I won't even reply.

I find that when I'm with a competitive set of teammates (whether people I know IRL, or just online) there's no mistake calling. Just trash talking. No "yo momma" jokes, but the standard "your gay", and "slept with yo mom, your dad was watching" kind of thing. Standard jokes that could get you into a bar fight if you tell someone totally unrelated to you, but would get laughing approval if you tell RL friends. A simple "no blink" and "cd" is enough to revert the game into not simply a battle of heroes, creeps and tower crushing, but also a verbal onslaught... just the way the game is meant to be played... the way all quality games are meant to be played.
---
There are four lights!
o o o o
#25CrossfiyahPosted 2/6/2013 3:05:18 PM
The only help I've ever been thanked for was telling someone that BKB was useless against SB.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CROSSFIYAAAAAAAAH/
https://dotabuff.com/players/83853375
#26Alternative_1Posted 2/6/2013 7:36:18 PM
The other day my friend called mid as timber for fun, then this guy on our team says "dude you're going to fail there are no trees mid" and proceeds to argue with him, and ends up saying "I'm not going to let you throw the game", picks silencer buys a bottle and goes mid with my friend. He ends up dying and costing my friend mid because they were sharing XP. The rest of the game he was completely useless, almost never used ult in team fights. Good thing me and PL were constantly pushing lanes and won.

Calling mid as Timber is stupid and a lot of people don't like being handicapped in their games. Can't blame him for being mad. Being bad is another matter.

Anyway, I rarely bother advising people. I'm happy to be advised by non-idiots though.
---
Russia is NOT in Western Europe.
#27JowyBlightPosted 2/6/2013 11:54:54 PM
Most Dota players' ego is as fragile as a broken vase that was glued back together, as such any comment that is even remotely questioning their actions is perceived as a personal attack.
And thus, they must defend their Honour and Manhood on the internets by throwing a hissy fit.

Also, your average Dotajerk is in no position to give useful advice at all, since most lack the experience and the tact needed to approach these glued vases.
---
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."
#28KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:18:48 AM
I havent raged that hard in a while.

Jak fed AM top and then switched bot, didnt get courier even though I told him I was warding and he'd need to, sniper went mid, never ganked despite requests, tried to rush an MKB without treads, didnt finish it until 40 minutes (THEN build a shadow blade), and jugg went bot with me (ES) and did nothing but force me to use stuns to save him 3 times in the first 10 minutes and spin into the enemy heroes at inopportune moments without any warning whatsoever.

He was the kind of juggernaught that would spin against a fully farmed AM at 45 minutes into the game. My team definitely hated me but I really dont care. By 4 minutes in they were already telling me to stop whining, so I knew there was no way to correct their badness in a friendly way.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."