Why can't people play this and lol?

#1FootballFan2Posted 2/6/2013 6:24:17 AM
I've played a lot of lol and I was excited at the chance to play a new mina withe different mechanics and heros. I was turned off at first due to the difficulty of properly farming and not realizing how different the two games were. Then my friends taught me how to properly play this game and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I do still like league but this game offers me a different style of moba, I don't understand why people can't play both games as I'm enjoying them both equally at this point. I tend to lurk on this board and the lol board and people just seem to refuse to think of these as two different games. I'd like to know why you guys think this is.
---
Do it
#2funkyfritterPosted 2/6/2013 6:39:43 AM
Vocal minorities of both communities, most people don't care.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#3scythe16Posted 2/6/2013 6:43:40 AM
Limited space on their hard drive, maybe?
---
Easily the best post you have seen all day.
#4Hail_BerserkPosted 2/6/2013 6:55:24 AM
Playing League and Dota would get pretty time consuming.
---
Even the horses are cut in half- Berserk
steam id: trigunbox
#5blade6321Posted 2/6/2013 7:08:03 AM
Some do.

I don't because I prefer Dota and league has little to offer me that the former doesn't, plus as previous poster said, they're both very time consuming.

Nothing wrong with it though.
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#6sonic_rockzPosted 2/6/2013 7:11:14 AM
I do ._.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#7quinikkPosted 2/6/2013 7:11:38 AM
If you really want to master DotA or LoL you really have to stick to one.
---
Just let it go, alright.
#8Annuit_CoeptisPosted 2/6/2013 7:16:44 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_Bias#Polarization_of_opinion
#9darkholyPLPosted 2/6/2013 7:25:14 AM
And who said you can't?

We often say, that you shouldn't play one, as if it was the other (which is true), but I personally have not seen a single post saying that you flat out can NOT play and enjoy both games. Thats just silly...
---
"..just scratch any opinion, and underneath it you'll find a human being, trying to justify their own existence." -Richard Jeni
R.o.B id: darkholypl
#10themagicpainmanPosted 2/6/2013 7:33:18 AM
darkholyPL posted...
And who said you can't?

We often say, that you shouldn't play one, as if it was the other (which is true), but I personally have not seen a single post saying that you flat out can NOT play and enjoy both games. Thats just silly...

It's pretty implied by all the people who start foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of LoL around here.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW