Why can't people play this and lol?

#11blade6321Posted 2/6/2013 6:40:41 AM
themagicpainman posted...
darkholyPL posted...
And who said you can't?

We often say, that you shouldn't play one, as if it was the other (which is true), but I personally have not seen a single post saying that you flat out can NOT play and enjoy both games. Thats just silly...

It's pretty implied by all the people who start foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of LoL around here.

In all fairness all those people usually imply/talk about is the fact that they think people shouldn't play LoL at all, and that it's a terrible game, dota is better etc

I'm yet to see someone specifically say or even imply that it's 'ok' or a good idea to play league as long as you don't play Dota aswell.

(Of course people are free to play what they will).
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#12BIadeBIadePosted 2/6/2013 6:52:49 AM
i do
---
League of Legends - Zantoma
PSO2 JP - Rasmolov @ Ship 10
#13NejiHyuga900Posted 2/6/2013 7:27:24 AM
I am going to stick with the original DOTA on Warcraft III. ._.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#14mantana888Posted 2/6/2013 8:14:01 AM
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other...."
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#15Suffer_NotPosted 2/6/2013 8:29:22 AM
themagicpainman posted...
darkholyPL posted...
And who said you can't?

We often say, that you shouldn't play one, as if it was the other (which is true), but I personally have not seen a single post saying that you flat out can NOT play and enjoy both games. Thats just silly...

It's pretty implied by all the people who start foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of LoL around here.

For everyone on this board whose jimmies become rustled at the mere implication that playing LoL is anything but a travesty against the gaming community, there are an equal number of people who would claim that playing Dota is catering to the elitist mentality that makes us a laughing stock rather than a true and meaningful cultural force.

Neither party has a clue what they are talking about, so you can just ignore them.

You can definitely have fun playing both games. There is nothing that would stop you from doing so besides personal preference. both games have their flaws, both games have their strengths, and both games are perfectly enjoyable.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#16InterfusorPosted 2/6/2013 8:30:29 AM
I do. It's alright but Dota2 is much better.
---
I am not economically viable.
#17HeroshiX2Posted 2/6/2013 10:36:46 AM
As said, vocal minority.

Both sides will foam at the mouth if Dota or League is mentioned on their respective boards. Though I tend to see more blind League players bash Dota 2 than the other way around.

Regardless I play both, even League more often due to friends but I love Dota and Dota 2 far much more than League and consider them the better games overall.
#18Shadowfire14Posted 2/6/2013 10:50:01 AM
There's nothing that says you can't if you really want to.

I personally just can't stand playing League any more because it isn't any fun. It has nothing to offer me in terms of challenge. Additionally, I refuse to play solo queue, but when playing with friends, most of them only know maybe 2 positions that they can play with any proficiency, so I never get to play what I want without putting our team at a disadvantage. So, I prefer to stick with the more flexible playstyle available in Dota simply because it's more fun than having to default to something as tedious as the AD carry each game.

tl;dr - League isn't fun for me anymore, so I don't play it alongside Dota. That's just my take on it.
---
Mage of Mind || Feesh of Jungle || http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
"The League of Yordles, plus one fish." - FoxyAreku
#19cjpv1Posted 2/6/2013 11:08:30 AM
HeroshiX2 posted...
As said, vocal minority.

Both sides will foam at the mouth if Dota or League is mentioned on their respective boards. Though I tend to see more blind League players bash Dota 2 than the other way around.

Regardless I play both, even League more often due to friends but I love Dota and Dota 2 far much more than League and consider them the better games overall.

Damn I haven't seen you in ages. What's up with the serious post?!

But I agree for the most part. I played both for a long time but I only play Dota now because I'm bored of LoL for now.
---
`'~-.,_,..-~'```'~ Kirisute;~'```'~-.,_,.-~'``
._.._,.-~'`-`'~-., Gomen;.,_,.-~'`~`'~.~.,
#20KraiserPosted 2/6/2013 11:34:17 AM
I play both, I just play LoL more because it's easier to sit down for a 25-30 minute match rather than a 50-60 minute one.
---