Its not mid's job to win the side lanes

#41ScarletShinPosted 2/8/2013 8:46:05 PM
Mid doing rune control is more helpful if said mid is willing to help ganks. Rune spots are halfway between a lane and the mid and depending on how far the creep line is to the enemy's tower, you should help gank to potentially get 2 kills.

On that, I would say, if you have a bottle and are controlling the runes, at some point, yes, you should gank at least once or twice. If an opportunity for a successful gank presents itself you take it. No questions asked.

So is it's mid's job to help win sidelanes? If the opportunity is there. And unless your opponents tower hug all day, there will be an opportunity.
---
- Yours truly
Aizen
#42soma2035Posted 2/9/2013 1:23:15 AM
xoAxelox posted...
ThePCFanGirl posted...
Yes because you can control what your teammates pick, and all games are all pick.

i dont mean you as in you

i mean you as in whoever picked that hero is at fault

logic helps

You still missed the point. It isn't about whose fault it is. Once you're in that situation, it doesn't do any good to say "oh you shouldn't have picked that character." On the other hand, a good mid may still be able to turn it around.

It's not mid's "job" to win side lanes, but it's definitely mid's choice whether to give up that lane or intercede.
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#43PaperbladePosted 2/9/2013 1:27:53 AM
Evil_Evil_Evil_ posted...
i played a game where our cm went mid. i reluctantly let her (because i assumed she was going to get early levels of her aura and gank).

didn't get a single point in aura nor did the person playing cm gank until i told him to (he was farming mid and level 8). he rushed a necronomicon but he can't even micro.

You don't even need to micro necrowarriors, you tab once to mana burn the guy you're targetting and the rest of the time just keep them right clicked on whoever you're right clicking.
---
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest
#44vegetakenPosted 2/9/2013 1:52:47 AM
You still missed the point. It isn't about whose fault it is. Once you're in that situation, it doesn't do any good to say "oh you shouldn't have picked that character." On the other hand, a good mid may still be able to turn it around.

Terrible logic. If a team does better in picking they are assured the victory. Its just a matter of time why fight? Will you still dream?
---
axe<great axe<greater axe<greatest axe. no need to thank me. ~_Emissary_
PSN: Sadboosh
#45VoidNoodlePosted 2/9/2013 7:59:03 AM
Pretty sure it depends on the mid's laning situation.

If the player's in control with the lane, the opposing hero losing out on xp/gold, or getting killed once or twice, then it doesn't hurt to gank the side lanes, especially if you got the runs.

But if the fight on lane control is equal(no one dying, both heroes having almost equal last hits, fair share of denies), then leaving mid is not that wise. If you're certain that going to the side lanes with secure you a kill, then sure, go ahead. But if you're not that good at ganking, or you're having a hard time communicating a gank with your 'mates, then it's better to just stay at mid, else the other mid hero gets free-farm from your absence. Who knows, that might be just what that hero needs in order to steamroll the game.
---
Official Omega of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Board.
Topic Hijackers of the Dissidia Duodecim Board! Number of members: 2
#46ScarletShinPosted 2/9/2013 8:44:56 AM
From: RamonArcaNoodle | Posted: 2/9/2013 9:59:03 AM | #045
But if the fight on lane control is equal(no one dying, both heroes having almost equal last hits, fair share of denies), then leaving mid is not that wise.

This is how games are lost. Your team not seizing an advantage and pulling away from it are how we get stories like "the game was going so well until". If the lane control is equal you should not feel that you are on equal ground with your enemy. Request a gank from mid if you guys really cannot pull it off (one of your enemies has blink, or movement skill, or a reliable aoe stun, etc). Assuming the heroes in your lane were competently picked (not 2 carries), then a gank will succeed with the proper placement and coordination.

Yes, I read the part that said "if you're certain" blablabla "you're gonna get a kill". This is a logic that supports complacency. Complacency is why people get hit with Elune's arrow, and Pudge's meathook, and get ganked from the trees and stuff, and why the mid has to call MIA for you to know to tower hug, and such. If you keep 100% focus on the game (which I admit is really hard to do as it requires a lot of concentration on a lot of things), you will find the opportunity needed to make a kill, even when the "lane control is equal".

Hero picking has a lot to do with the situation. I get your point: he already picked PA and you guys are in the laning phase and he can't repick no matter how hard you pray. But then again, if your mid is a badly picked hero (Trax without slow), then he isn't doing much either unless your enemies miss out on calling MIA. This is why, the 4th and 5th picks are very essential, especially in pub games. Pub games, the first 2 heroes scroll their fastest to get the hero they want, without regard for anything in the world. 3rd pick normally has some consideration on the first 2 picks. 4th and 5th pick define the hope if the first 3 picks are utter crap. Imagine if the game was competitive.
---
Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past.
...wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.
- QuestionableContent.net
#47Hail_BerserkPosted 2/9/2013 11:02:15 AM
the worst is the last pick medusa
---
Even the horses are cut in half- Berserk
steam id: trigunbox