lol slark

#1JanwayDaahlPosted 2/8/2013 8:40:27 PM
This hero is seriously underrated. He is an excellent solo mid and ganker. I've been doing extraordinarily well with him my past 20+ games, in spite of some terrible teams. I seriously don't see many flaws with this hero. Once you get skaadi/basher on him, he is capable of completely offing 2-3 enemies in a teamfight, granted you're not being focused.

He seems to be a good balance of an invisible ganker, and an escape hero. His pounce is great for tight situations, and death pact's removal of neg debuffs is excellent against slowers/stunners. I'm curious as to what you guys think of him.
---
I do not support homosexuality in any way.
#2HaMMeRHeaD25Posted 2/8/2013 8:44:34 PM
he's a very self-serving hero in the grand scheme of things and I don't think he's very good. You can sort of play like a b**** and get a number of kills safely but it doesn't necessarily mean your team is going to do better
---
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?
#3LichKingPosted 2/8/2013 9:05:39 PM
how is he an excellent solo mid?
---
Your signature sucks.
#4funkyfritterPosted 2/8/2013 9:19:27 PM
JanwayDaahl posted...
Once you get skaadi/basher on him ... granted you're not being focused.

Therein lies the problem. He needs a lot of farm because he scales poorly and even with it he's very easy to burst down. Slark is completely reliant on having a great early game, he's worthless in team fights without it.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#5Annuit_CoeptisPosted 2/8/2013 9:27:55 PM
LichKing posted...
#6Yoga_PantsPosted 2/8/2013 9:35:42 PM
LichKing posted...
#7JanwayDaahl(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:38:50 PM(edited)
How is he an excellent solo mid? By level 4, with 2 in dark pact, 1 in leap, and one in essence shift, he is able to rip off half of the enemy's HP rather well. Dark pact is EXTREMELY useful for debuffs. Invoker's cold snap, for example, gets instantly dispelled, as does AA's stun. By level 6, he is able to run to wards quickly, and leap to a rune if necessary. Even if the enemy has a rune warded, slark will be within leaping distance by the time he loses his MS boost.

And to the guy saying he's a self-serving hero, I disagree. He's essential in teamfights for pressuring supports (or carries, though primarily squishy supports) into running for their life.

It is true that skaadi is conventionally hard to get, but he has orb of venom in the meantime, which greatly helps. Also, with proper ganking, it isn't very difficult to acquire orb. I'll update this thread later with my average skaadi time for reference (feel free to look at some of my games if you want; I'll PM my steam ID).
---
I do not support homosexuality in any way.
#8DARKlegend64Posted 2/8/2013 9:39:09 PM
JanwayDaahl posted...
Once you get skaadi/basher on him ... granted you're not being focused.

Same can be said with other better carry heroes
---
PKMN Black FC: 3568 7240 4459
PKMN White 2 FC: 0004 1159 8660
#9Bald_MoneyPosted 2/8/2013 9:41:54 PM
LichKing posted...

I'd assume the health regen and solo kill/ganking potential.
#10ScarletShinPosted 2/8/2013 9:57:56 PM
What kind of team do you have that would make Slark your best bet in taking the solo mid?
---
"What you are attempting is not against the law. It is however, extremely foolish."
(Cancel)