lol slark

#11KOTRsssPosted 2/8/2013 9:17:19 PM
He needs to attack a hero for a good 10 seconds to be anything more than mediocre, and most team fights are decided in about half that time.

His ult is also gimmicky as ****. It's basically designed to be amazing against players that are too bad to do anything but panic when he uses it. It's a crappy escape because it has high mana cost and you can see exactly where he is, so he cant even get the drop on someone.

It only works offensively against baddies, and the health regen only works against people that dont have invis detection, meaning it is terrible.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#12Bald_MoneyPosted 2/8/2013 9:25:20 PM
KOTRsss posted...
He needs to attack a hero for a good 10 seconds to be anything more than mediocre, and most team fights are decided in about half that time.

His ult is also gimmicky as ****. It's basically designed to be amazing against players that are too bad to do anything but panic when he uses it. It's a crappy escape because it has high mana cost and you can see exactly where he is, so he cant even get the drop on someone.

It only works offensively against baddies, and the health regen only works against people that dont have invis detection, meaning it is terrible.

It has a mana cost of 120. That is not high. Slark's whole combo takes like 235 mana total if he uses Shadow Dance.
#13DARKlegend64Posted 2/8/2013 9:30:28 PM
Bald_Money posted...
KOTRsss posted...

It has a mana cost of 120. That is not high. Slark's whole combo takes like 235 mana total if he uses Shadow Dance.

Slark has crappy mana and int growth.
---
PKMN Black FC: 3568 7240 4459
PKMN White 2 FC: 0004 1159 8660
#14JanwayDaahl(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:43:04 PM
KOTRsss posted...

1.) He needs to stay alive in teamfights, meaning you may have to back out for a few moments if needed. And his combo does 580 magic damage, and has a low cooldown. So while autoattacking, he lowers the enemy's health, damage, and int, while gaining a decent amount of damage himself. Add to that the constant magic damage and you realize how underrated he is.

2.) His ult is great with orb of shadow; the mana cost is not high, especially if you invest in a relatively cheap item early on (i.e. point booster), at which point you're spamming spells well. Add to that bottle (if you're mid), and you're in a good position with mana.

3.) It works offensively even against goodies, so long as you're not engaging people at the ward site, whilst being attacked. Again, we're taking these things in a vacuum. If you're attacking two people who have laid down a ward, chances are you're an idiot that is going to die. It's smarter to leap out and move on in such situations. In 1v1s, he has an excellent chance, and only needs a few seconds out of the fight to regen a substantial portion of his HP.
---
I do not support homosexuality in any way.
#15FoxyArekuPosted 2/8/2013 10:47:40 PM
He's not as bad as people think. Very strong early ganker, but falls off.

It's very annoying playing support against one that uses his ult for counter warding, though.
---
Yes, I changed my sig.. Why was I still acting like I care about that game anyway?
#16SoulsendPosted 2/8/2013 11:10:10 PM
I'd rate him at decent, but not any more than that.

Recently played a game where I had basher/skadi on him, but lost easily to a troll ult'd void. There was seven leagues between me and void even though i had 500+gpm. He's pretty good early, decent mid, and terribad late game imo.
#17Bald_MoneyPosted 2/8/2013 11:12:38 PM
DARKlegend64 posted...
Bald_Money posted...
KOTRsss posted...

His int growth is his best growth. Do you even know what you are talking about?
#18KOTRsssPosted 2/9/2013 12:20:05 AM
JanwayDaahl posted...
1.) He needs to stay alive in teamfights, meaning you may have to back out for a few moments if needed. And his combo does 580 magic damage, and has a low cooldown. So while autoattacking, he lowers the enemy's health, damage, and int, while gaining a decent amount of damage himself. Add to that the constant magic damage and you realize how underrated he is.

"Back out for a few moments if needed"? You're assuming that everyone is just going to ignore him or something? If "back out for a few moments" could keep people alive in team fights, Dota would be a very different game.

2.) His ult is great with orb of shadow; the mana cost is not high, especially if you invest in a relatively cheap item early on (i.e. point booster), at which point you're spamming spells well. Add to that bottle (if you're mid), and you're in a good position with mana.

First, why does his ult work great with orb of shadow, second, what on earth is he going to build point booster into, and third, why are you suggesting 2800 in items that dont build into anything he needs and dont make him better at killing things?

From what I can tell you're saying that if he has tons and tons of spare gold to waste, he's pretty good.

3.) It works offensively even against goodies, so long as you're not engaging people at the ward site, whilst being attacked. Again, we're taking these things in a vacuum. If you're attacking two people who have laid down a ward, chances are you're an idiot that is going to die. It's smarter to leap out and move on in such situations. In 1v1s, he has an excellent chance, and only needs a few seconds out of the fight to regen a substantial portion of his HP.

Everything you just said is negated by dust. Furthermore, having an excellent chance in 1v1s just makes him a ganker that isnt that good at.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#19Bald_MoneyPosted 2/9/2013 12:21:38 AM
KOTRsss posted...
JanwayDaahl posted...

Everything you just said is negated by dust. Furthermore, having an excellent chance in 1v1s just makes him a ganker that isnt that good at.

Dark Pact removes dust and other things that give true sight, such as Track and Amplify Damage.
#20DARKlegend64Posted 2/9/2013 12:39:30 AM
Bald_Money posted...
DARKlegend64 posted...
Bald_Money posted...
KOTRsss posted...

His int growth is his best growth. Do you even know what you are talking about?

I concur. His int growth is his best. That's it.
---
PKMN Black FC: 3568 7240 4459
PKMN White 2 FC: 0004 1159 8660