Skullbasher

#1AiphremPosted 2/9/2013 7:47:41 PM
It seems like an all around great item for any melee right click carry, like Naix, Antimage, Jugg, etc.

Is it really situational, or could any right click melee carry benefit from getting one then going abyssal?
---
Wrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!
Now playing: DotA 2 and anything else in between
#2ChaapPosted 2/9/2013 7:52:16 PM
most heroes have more important items to get but it's a nice luxury item if the game goes long
---
"Some people are just dumb"
#3funkyfritterPosted 2/9/2013 7:53:32 PM
It's good when you're having trouble killing people before they can get away. Generally you're better off just building more raw damage, but abyssal is a strong answer to heroes like storm spirit or a very durable lineup.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#4DARKlegend64Posted 2/9/2013 7:56:50 PM
I wonder if people consider getting Basher on BS. It cancels the TP of his opponents when they think they can TP face when ruptured.
---
PKMN Black FC: 3568 7240 4459 PKMN White 2 FC: 0004 1159 8660 http://i.imgur.com/LASYC2c.gif
#5_QaenyinPosted 2/9/2013 9:21:34 PM
DARKlegend64 posted...
I wonder if people consider getting Basher on BS. It cancels the TP of his opponents when they think they can TP face when ruptured.

His base attack speed isn't high enough to take advantage of its proc and Bloodrage doesn't affect +damage, only his base damage from stats, so basher has no synergy with him. Basher is much better on someone who has base attack speed steroids or who can afford to rush a MoM, and BS is neither of those.

Also the times when people tping out of rupture are a problem is during ganks which won't be occuring heavily outside of the laning phase, so by the time you farmed a basher it would no longer be useful.

In other situations it's more practical to just have a teammate stun them.

Besides, BS's problem isn't people tping out of rupture, it's that he doesn't actually do anything but hit people and heal himself.

He needs some form of legitimate CC instead of two passives that are useless until the end of a teamfight. Only thing he's good for is mopping up stragglers after a teamfight you've already won, or casting bloodrage on a real carry.

If he could jungle legitimately he would be kind of worth using since he has a nice steroid and he could play a semi-support role and buff your carry with bloodrage, but he can't and he needs to much farm to be a real support, has no way to safelane effectively and in mid there are just outright better options in every way.
---
They say one should not speak unkindly of the dead, so I say 'Nice Try'. ~ Lezard Valeth
#6TME_GuyPosted 2/9/2013 9:24:05 PM
blastoise item
---
"NOMOBUYO, OSHI, HASHITAWA, DOGEDA, GUNMICHA, DE, RIBURA!"
#7KOTRsssPosted 2/10/2013 12:15:33 AM
It has a 25% chance to proc, and has a 2 second cooldown. Attack speed has to be very high for it to actually do something reliably.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#8RhylosPosted 2/10/2013 12:29:04 AM
Abyssal is a great way for your carry to 1v1 the other team's bkb'd carry. The active stun (and passive stun) goes through bkb.
#9Crimson_JesusPosted 2/10/2013 1:00:50 AM
I have won more games with Basher + MoM jungling Riki than I'd like to admit.
---
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg
#10chaoslordisgoodPosted 2/10/2013 1:59:07 AM
Basher, and Abyssal Blade, is a 1v1 item that requires a significant amount of attack speed to be effective. It can be very powerful, but it should not be your first significant item unless you are doing some desperate MoM build.
---
Lik-Sang was a criminal organization - C4111