Dota 2 needs its own version of lee sin.

#21WeegeeIRLPosted 2/12/2013 11:10:20 AM
ThePCFanGirl posted...
Don't we already have a blind monkish guy who focus on killing mages and is trying to redeem his brother? Oh wait... Magina no longer haves a brother and is no longer blind oO...

Terrorblade is still his brother!

http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/a/a7/Anti_brother_10.mp3

It looks like we won't be getting him anytime soon, though...they're putting work into Tusk, Skywrath, Bristle and TC next.
#22iTz_SLammiPosted 2/12/2013 11:18:00 AM
MusashiExtra posted...
Playing League and not playing as cute girls. You guys are f***ing up.

Nami<333
---
Twitter: @_SammiB
Steam: iTz_SLammi
#23julbull73Posted 2/12/2013 11:59:23 AM
WeegeeIRL posted...
ThePCFanGirl posted...
Don't we already have a blind monkish guy who focus on killing mages and is trying to redeem his brother? Oh wait... Magina no longer haves a brother and is no longer blind oO...

Terrorblade is still his brother!

http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/a/a7/Anti_brother_10.mp3

It looks like we won't be getting him anytime soon, though...they're putting work into Tusk, Skywrath, Bristle and TC next.

I do love how Anti-mage is actually addicted to mana and only uses the "crush all mages" as a cover to get his drug.

Multiple "magic" users tease him about it when they kill him. That made me smile the first few times I heard it.
#24Alr3m1Posted 2/12/2013 10:28:18 PM
Dota 2 needs its own version of Orianna. Every other champion can be forgotten in that cookie-cutter game.
#25Kharn99Posted 2/12/2013 11:09:56 PM
Alr3m1 posted...
Dota 2 needs its own version of Orianna. Every other champion can be forgotten in that cookie-cutter game.

It does. Except the ball is a bear.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chosen40k/
League of Legends = checkers DotA 2 = chess
#26OmegaFlare18Posted 2/12/2013 11:33:21 PM
Kharn99 posted...
Alr3m1 posted...

or a pig and hawk. I'm not completely familiar with all Dota 2 heroes but....does it have a Udyr? meaning 4 distinct stances?
---
Steam ID: mystr_E
http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=Z11U9T0Q
#27themagicpainmanPosted 2/13/2013 6:54:52 AM
DristX99 posted...
Being an (ex-sorta) league player and Lee being my favorite champion, he isn't skill based at all. Anyone with a brain can figure out how to do all of his cute little plays and his skillset isn't interesting at all except for, like mentioned above, his shield/lifesteal/spellvamp and his AoE reveal.

He's not as difficult to play at an acceptable level as people say, but there's a pretty big gap between a good Lee and a great one.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#28KanebiPosted 2/13/2013 10:44:51 AM
You know, the exact origins and abilities of Lee Sin aside, the core idea behind him--that of a martial artist who uses only gains access to certain abilities after a prior move has been used does seem as though it'd have a bit of potential in DoTA. In a rather rough analogy, this could allow for a hero along the lines of a melee invoker, insofar as he modifies his abilities to match the flow of whatever situation he currently finds himself in. Not that Invokers ability creation system would work well with such a champion mind you, but if I might be so bold as to take a cue from Riot Games, I think they may have been fairly close to the mark with Lee's (Ability 1 > Alt-Ability 1) style. I still don't entirely like this execution as in practice one usually treats both abilities as a single move, thus limiting the range of combos, whereas ideally, I'd like to try and find a way for our hypothetical DotA monk to feel as though there was more of a Street Fighter feel to his abilities, insofar as you could have a great number of different combos available to you, depending on all the factors of the present battle (Ex. Such as how Ryu's Shoryuken makes a great anti-air move, whilst feeling comparatively subpar when used against a grounded target).

While I'm not entirely sold one way or another on how well one could fit such a champion into DotA without having it feel as though it clashed with the style (and gameplay) of the game, I do think that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to consider the potential behind the OP's idea.
---
"If I have to be at the circus, I want to see the lions and clowns. But no matter where I go the show is always the same. Dead body. Stage left. "
#29PaperbladePosted 2/13/2013 11:07:15 AM
Invoker is Udyr on crack
---
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest
#30Alr3m1Posted 2/13/2013 11:14:04 AM
OmegaFlare18 posted...
Kharn99 posted...
Alr3m1 posted...

or a pig and hawk. I'm not completely familiar with all Dota 2 heroes but....does it have a Udyr? meaning 4 distinct stances?

Pets =/= The Ball.