How many hours does it take to become decent?

#1steamwr4pPosted 2/14/2013 9:26:39 AM
I've played about 14 hours, and i still can't get the hang of it.

Are there some heroes that i should completely avoid, because their either very hard, or just bad?
---
Official Advanced Lawnmower
Stay away from Lux. She's useless.
#2nanojatePosted 2/14/2013 9:31:44 AM
I'm wondering this too. I have around 150 hours logged and I'm still bad.
---

--
#3hsanrbPosted 2/14/2013 9:31:46 AM
I've got 300 and I still suck? I've got 5 or so heroes I can actually play respectably, but once I get away from those 5 get ready to drop like a rock back down to the level I deserve to be at.
#4Septimo_OmegaPosted 2/14/2013 9:37:05 AM
How should anybody know? Some people suck even after 2000 hours, while others are decent after 200.
#5scythe16Posted 2/14/2013 10:00:12 AM(edited)
Saw some guy with 800 wins that was absolutely awful last week . I gave him the benefit of assuming he was just a really bad troll but soon discovered otherwise. He was legitimately trying to justify not taking Eidolons as Enigma and after seeing a couple minutes of his other games realized he wasn't trolling. This isn't an isolated incident and he is far from the worst I have ever seen. Been seeing a lot of players"main" heroes for about 100 games in a row, and never play others, which almost automatically makes them terrible a large amount of the time.

On topic: Probably about 300 hours play time you start to see a real difference. It also hurts your learning drastically when you play with very bad players, and it happens often.

So many edits, argh it's hard getting used to this new keyboard.
---
Easily the best post you have seen all day.
#6KuronoaPosted 2/14/2013 10:01:31 AM(edited)
steamwr4p posted...
I've played about 14 hours, and i still can't get the hang of it.

Are there some heroes that i should completely avoid, because their either very hard, or just bad?

How soon it takes you to get better is all dependent on you. It varies from person to person. How many hours/games you play is irrelevant, it's all about how fast you pick up on things. How much time that takes depends on how much effort you're willing to put into the game.

There is a good chunk of heroes that are hard to play for beginners but that doesn't mean you avoid them. That's why bot games exist. Try to test out every hero over the course of time. Who knows, you might actually be comfortable/good with heroes that most would avoid due to w/e.
---
Elegant Intricacies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDYhq9n0vYw&feature=plcp
#7sothe_masterPosted 2/14/2013 9:59:59 AM
About 100 hours I'm rather good. Just play to agressive alot ;p.
#8LORDDRAGON1995Posted 2/14/2013 10:01:16 AM
Being decent is to know all items, setups, heroes and skills, plus the capacity that if you random a hero that you don't know how to play, you figure him out in early-game.
---
Scientia, Honor et Veritas
#9Art3ZeroPosted 2/14/2013 10:12:31 AM
800 hours and ~384 wins, I still feel like I suck at this game and have a lot to learn.
#10IynxorPosted 2/14/2013 10:12:45 AM
i have about 1200 hours played and am half-decent

so probably a few hundred more on top of that to be decent

then again we probably have differing definitions of "decent"
---
It's like you're satirizing another poorly done satire. ~AstralEye