What items to get for Tinker?

#1BakedStuffEtcPosted 2/27/2013 4:34:17 PM
Besides the essential Boots, Soul Ring, Sheepstick and early game Bottle of course

I've never really found much of a use for Dagon, Laser+Rockets are more than enough nuke. Same with Blink Dagger, Force Staff seems more useful to me with its stats, ability to escape after getting hit, and ability to affect others as well. I've also been trying to decide between Linken's Sphere and BKB.

This is assuming an early game solo-mid ganker/late game pusher. I'd like to hear some build ideas from more experienced Tinkers
---
My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong.
#2blade6321Posted 2/27/2013 4:54:07 PM(edited)
Blink is really good because you can blink then permasheep, pretty much free kill on anyone out of position.

Also you tp in, drop march and then are able to blink in rearm...etc.

The stats aren't that good on forcestaff anyway since the nerf, but it's good in some games.

Manta is good if they have stuff like orchid which you want to purge, good stats, helps you push too.

Linkens and BKB don't get refreshed BTW, (neither does midas necro,HoTD, refresher or arcanes.)

You might still need to build one of them of course, but I don't think linkens is that good, very situational.

Ethereal blade is good if you're against lots of auto-attackers/need the stats, really good if you got dagon (only if stomping of course).

^Neither laser or rockets work on ethereal'd targets though (laser does but it's pure so no +damage)

EDIT: How can I forget? Shiva's is good too.
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#3BakedStuffEtc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 5:02:03 PM
blade6321 posted...
Blink is really good because you can blink then permasheep, pretty much free kill on anyone out of position.

Also you tp in, drop march and then are able to blink in rearm...etc.

Couldn't you do the same things with force staff?

blade6321 posted...
Linkens and BKB don't get refreshed

I'm aware of the basics, yes

blade6321 posted...
You might still need to build one of them of course, but I don't think linkens is that good, very situational.

How so? And would you recommend BKB over it?

blade6321 posted...
How can I forget? Shiva's is good too.

Yeah I always pick up Shiva's, it's got a great intelligence boost and it's amazing for escapes and pushing lanes. I feel I don't ever need Manta if I've got this
---
#4xoAxeloxPosted 2/27/2013 5:10:31 PM
linkens is great on tinker

a mobility item (force staff or blink dagger) is necessary on him and is usually gotten before hex. manta is nice if they have silences for you but its completely luxury and generally linkens is better to safeguard against stuff like this. shivas is nice for pushing but not necessary. euls is also a good option if you want some extra disable.

all you need to be useful is levels, hex, and blink/force. once you get your core items its really important to save for buyback at certain stages of the game since you can immediately BoT back into fights. anything past hex is luxury.
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#5blade6321Posted 2/27/2013 5:14:02 PM(edited)
Why do you think people get blink dagger over force staff on any hero? It's instantaneous and has a much longer range- if you force staff in to sheep someone they might be able to react and stun you/blink because you're closer.

Blink just goes so well with his role/items, if someone's ever pushing a lane/farming the jungle you can shift queue up the commands and you're almost guaranteed a kill. In teamfights you can get their initiator (e.g Enigma) before they can ult, etc

Also you can't force staff into trees for an easy escape while pushing.

By situational I mean if you're against doom, or similar.

One of the good things about linkens is that you're not usually taking many disables so it's usually sufficient over bkb. Problem is it's really expensive for what it gives.

IMO ideally you don't want to have to get BKB, ideally you spend that money on items like shivas and blink where you can make more things happen, as you well know- BKB doesn't really help you in pushing or similar, and you can usually rely on blink/force staff to keep yourself well positioned and just focus on spamming march/rockets

but as always if they have lots of disables which don't go through bkb/high mobility heroes of course you should.

EDIT: yeah bb is important.
---
"Kids these days huh? Can't live with them, cant chop them up into tiny pieces." -Mcbeth
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#6Bald_MoneyPosted 2/27/2013 5:45:48 PM
By boots you mean boots of travel right
#7BakedStuffEtc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 6:11:21 PM(edited)
Alright, good to know about Blink Dagger over Force Staff and Linken's over BKB, thanks

Bald_Money posted...
By boots you mean boots of travel right

of course
---
#8ShaphrionPosted 2/27/2013 7:03:58 PM
Dagger vs Force staff.

There are reasons for getting each one. Dagger allows tinker to safely push lanes. It also allows him to be more aggressive and catch people out of place. Force staff increases his combat abillity a lot more then blink dagger. It lets him regain postioning that he loses from rearming in points where dagger cant be used.

Dagger though generally has more uses for tinker since he is best as a ellusive gobal pusher.

Also tinker gets items depending on how well his laning phase goes. A tinker that has a amazing start usually rushes a dagon dagger. Laser,missle, dagon is enough to kill most heros at low levels. Dagger makes so he can blink into their face when they start running from his tping in.