Is there a better feeling than when the other team throws?

#11ThePCFanGirlPosted 3/15/2013 8:04:42 AM
GgabrielBR posted...
ThePCFanGirl posted...
UltraCookie posted...
Probably. But it's still a pretty good feeling.

Actually it's pretty insulting, it means you won because of a throw, and not out playing opponent.

Capitalizing on someone mistake is fine, but someone on the other team throwing the game in my opinion sucks.

Insulting? Hell, throw the game is like saying "GG, we suck, you're gods and we're never going to be as good as you"

You should feel happy when someone throws the game, it means you're much more skilled than they, that they know that there's nothing to do anymore.

No it means, this game and opponents are not worth my time, I'm going to go look for another challenge.
---
Say no to D&D 4E!
#12GgabrielBRPosted 3/15/2013 8:19:02 AM
ThePCFanGirl posted...
GgabrielBR posted...
ThePCFanGirl posted...
UltraCookie posted...

Actually it's pretty insulting, it means you won because of a throw, and not out playing opponent.

Capitalizing on someone mistake is fine, but someone on the other team throwing the game in my opinion sucks.

Insulting? Hell, throw the game is like saying "GG, we suck, you're gods and we're never going to be as good as you"

You should feel happy when someone throws the game, it means you're much more skilled than they, that they know that there's nothing to do anymore.

No it means, this game and opponents are not worth my time, I'm going to go look for another challenge.

So, you're better than those who give up? exactly my point. Not everyone has the talent or skill to to be good at Dota, which means not everyone can turn a 10-30 game. If the other team is clearly superior, giving up is the only option. Which means that if they give up, you're a better person than they are.
---
Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/brarch/
"Would you like a second opinion? You are also UGLY!" - Medic
#13funkyfritterPosted 3/15/2013 8:34:01 AM
I find the most satisfying games to be those where you have a huge early game disadvantage but far superior late game. Winning while down 2 sets of rax and behind by 40 kills is always fun.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#14ThePCFanGirlPosted 3/15/2013 9:02:51 AM
GgabrielBR posted...
ThePCFanGirl posted...
GgabrielBR posted...
ThePCFanGirl posted...
UltraCookie posted...

So, you're better than those who give up? exactly my point. Not everyone has the talent or skill to to be good at Dota, which means not everyone can turn a 10-30 game. If the other team is clearly superior, giving up is the only option. Which means that if they give up, you're a better person than they are.

If the other team is clearly superior than it wasn't a throw. If it's an even match game where the game is close with xp and gold roughly even, and than someone decides to feed to get the game over because s/he is bored, that's a throw.
---
Say no to D&D 4E!
#15ScarletShinPosted 3/15/2013 9:54:43 AM
When someone throws a game, it means that player got disinterested in the game. They don't want an abandon, so they don't leave, but they start making bad decisions and plays on purpose.

When a person is clearly not interested in the game, it's no longer any fun. If you don't understand this concept, try playing DotA with a friend who is endlessly texting his.... girlfriend or something. I'm sure you'll rage when he misses stuns opportunities, or uses dust too late, or sometimes just stands there for 5 seconds, doing nothing. That's a disinterested player. You really feel good playing against someone like that?
---
A grown person's inability to read always surprises me.
#16shingaidenPosted 3/15/2013 5:21:54 PM(edited)
The best feeling is being on a team with a Dbag who yells at you for being noob the whole game, then end up in game 2 with him on the other team and you destroying him. Guess what? That Dbag is allchat blaming his team yet again. So gooood!
#17king___mickeyPosted 3/16/2013 2:49:28 AM
Outplaying a legit good opposing team.
---
http://i.minus.com/innCvkjfR71KC.gif
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile