6.77c changes

#51FormalhautPosted 3/16/2013 12:18:57 PM
Tranquil nerf was needed. I like the kotl and nyx changes, although kotl might need a little more. Halberd is much better now and treant needs to be tested again. Drow got beaten to death and locked in a closet, hopefully she gets let out in 6.78.

A tranquil nerf was needed, but that particular one? Nerfing the movespeed is pretty nasty, item seems bad now.
---
I'm not a troll or a moron. It's a joke. Humour exists. Google it.
#52funkyfritterPosted 3/16/2013 12:30:19 PM
Formalhaut posted...
Tranquil nerf was needed. I like the kotl and nyx changes, although kotl might need a little more. Halberd is much better now and treant needs to be tested again. Drow got beaten to death and locked in a closet, hopefully she gets let out in 6.78.

A tranquil nerf was needed, but that particular one? Nerfing the movespeed is pretty nasty, item seems bad now.

It's still good on supports who are going to die when caught out anyway and it's cheap enough to get on anyone when you really need the early sustain. The main thing you can't do now is use them to negate early harassment unless you're willing to switch boots later on, seems fair.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#53Extreme_uGamerPosted 3/16/2013 12:54:39 PM
Keep in mind that you will have lvl 1 carapace til midgame.

Wait, you max Mana Burn and Impale first?
---
Hn...
#54funkyfritterPosted 3/16/2013 1:00:22 PM
Extreme_uGamer posted...
Keep in mind that you will have lvl 1 carapace til midgame.

Wait, you max Mana Burn and Impale first?

Most max impale first, which means carapace won't see a second point until level 8. That's midgame for a support.
---
#55drakkus07(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 3:12:30 PM
Harry_McKenzie posted...
You guys are just stupid. Drow is still a monster, her ult is removed when someone is in MELEE range next to her. Wow big deal, as if people ever get near Drow unless she is stunned or hexed.

Some people actually do ya know, because they are not stupid.
---
https://dotabuff.com/players/33832422
#56KOTRsssPosted 3/16/2013 3:31:29 PM
Now Drow actually needs to position herself well in order to dominate. What a shame.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#57FormalhautPosted 3/16/2013 3:40:48 PM(edited)
It's still good on supports who are going to die when caught out anyway

I always have a problem with such vague statements as this. There are going to be a lot of situations when even on the weakest of supports, the movespeed loss will be significant.

I suppose it's at least interesting, magnifying the existing downside of the item, but I don't know if it was entirely necessary is all. Obviously it's difficult to assess an items worth looking at changes like this without playing it, but all of the separate nerfs combined feel like they might just be too much, you know? I'd prefer for one nerf at a time and a more reasonable assessment.

I guess that's what the beta testers (dota allstars beta I mean) are for, but they've proven in the past to not be entirely reliable, perhaps because most of the "best" players have moved to dota 2 now. I've never actually considered that before, I mean I assume that dota 2 has an inhouse "alpha" (i.e. actually beta since the current dota 2 is actually a release version) testing squad, but I bet they're focused on bug fixes and implementation, most of the balance work seems like its still being done on Dota allstars and then ported. That cannot be good for the game in the long term.
---
I'm not a troll or a moron. It's a joke. Humour exists. Google it.
#58funkyfritterPosted 3/16/2013 3:48:54 PM
I suspect that tranquil boots will still be very good, but as you said we'll have to see once the changes get implemented.
---
#59King_of_donkeysPosted 3/16/2013 7:36:30 PM
I hate it when Icefrog does balance changes around pub games. Spirit breaker, ursa and SK hate him too. Now Drow hates him.

Considering drow wasn't available in pro games and most pros agreed she was OP, I think you're being stupid.
---
Dislikes: Haters, Elitists, Narrow-minded fools
#60acesxhighPosted 3/16/2013 9:19:00 PM
People whining that Drow now actually needs items to be successful, you know, like most carries. She still has a pretty large farming boost too.
---
TIME TO IMPACT EXCITER
http://i.imgur.com/teH4y.gif