If a game is safe to leave, should I?

#1Pen9erSPosted 3/26/2013 8:26:12 AM
A question. I just started playing matches (been only playing against bots) and so far, I have not been in one game that didn't end with somebody eventually leaving. If somebody on my team leaves and the game becomes safe to leave, should I play to the end or just leave once we start getting steamrolled and the rest of my team is leaving too?

I don't understand how at this rate anybody can get high MM without teaming.
---
The letters on my shirt's the
password.
#2RealYoraePosted 3/26/2013 8:28:32 AM
If you are getting stomped you can stay to lose quickly and you might get an item, if the enemy abandons you can win and still get an item. It still records the win or loss and penalize the person who abandoned but you won't be penalized if you just want to jump out and find another match.

This issue goes away for the most part after 50-100 games as people are less likely to completely throw the game and then ragequit as you move higher up.
---
It is not things, but opinions about things that have absolutely no existence, which have so deranged mankind! - Nietzsche
#3funkyfritterPosted 3/26/2013 9:08:33 AM
It's up to you. Personally I leave the moment someone abandons because I have no interest in playing a lopsided game, but if you're still learning the basics you might still have fun.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#4RealYoraePosted 3/26/2013 9:21:49 AM
I usually stay to the end.

If I am losing I practice last hitting and map awareness under pressure. Or if it's real bad, practice landing big 5 man RP's with no follow up just for the lol's.

If I am winning I try the troll builds like AM blink dagger etc.
---
It is not things, but opinions about things that have absolutely no existence, which have so deranged mankind! - Nietzsche
#5ScarletShinPosted 3/26/2013 9:30:04 AM
Solo queue: No. What Yorae said.

With a friend: No unless he leaves. To which, I leave and go another game with him.
---
We do what we can because we must.
http://imgur.com/hjA3Glr
#6ArtificiAIPosted 3/26/2013 9:48:11 AM
One time my entire team left D:
I was playing leshrac so i just decided to mess around and ulti the hell out of them
---
*Yawn*
Still hoping for a sequel to JUS
#7sk00pPosted 3/26/2013 10:10:08 AM
Leaving makes you just as bad as the first leaver.

I hate people who leave after its safe to leave and I report them every time.
Why leave when you still have a chance to win? Amount of times I've been a farmed carry and then my whole team leaves, it's like hey thanks for wasting whatever minutes of my life.
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
http://gifsoup.com/view5/2668213/the-iron-throne-o.gif
#8eldanonPosted 3/26/2013 10:11:14 AM
I usually stay... still a chance at an item and its possible that you might make a comeback because the other side often takes the game a lot less seriously if they have a numbers advantage.

If it seems like the game will go on for a while yet and there's absolutely no chance at a come back, I might leave after the 5 minutes from the abandoner lapse.
#9blade6321Posted 3/26/2013 10:21:53 AM
sk00p posted...

Why leave when you still have a chance to win? Amount of times I've been a farmed carry and then my whole team leaves, it's like hey thanks for wasting whatever minutes of my life.

>reporting people when the game allows them to leave.

Nice one.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#10sk00pPosted 3/26/2013 10:25:57 AM
blade6321 posted...
sk00p posted...

>reporting people when the game allows them to leave.

Nice one.

You can jump of a building and kill yourself, are you going to do it because you can?

Why shouldn't someone be punished for ruining the rest of the teams game?
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
http://gifsoup.com/view5/2668213/the-iron-throne-o.gif