What's a good starting support character?

#1DeathScythe_527Posted 4/15/2013 1:42:47 PM
Been using Luna almost exclusively since I started playing the game, but I want to try learning a support character in case I need to ever play one.

Anyone good to start as a beginner?
---
PSN: DANomite93
"El delfin esta en el jacuzzi."
#2therickmu25Posted 4/15/2013 1:44:19 PM
Well KoTL is probably the best support hands down, but I'm not sure who's the easiest.

He is actually pretty easy to play too.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#3ScarletShinPosted 4/15/2013 1:48:22 PM
Most supports will have a problem with being really squishy. If not, low ms. Without further ado, the heroes and their spotlights...

CM = Doesn't need that much mana items. Heck, doesn't need that much items at all!
Ogre = Tankier than most. Melee though. Needs more mana than you may initially think.
SD = Doesn't really need that much mana items too since his spells aren't that costly. Except if you spam Poison. Learn to position Soul Catcher so that you only hit 1 hero. It's not that difficult. I got it on my first try.
Lion = 1 line stun. 1 hex. Mana Drain for all your mana needs. Ult for KS... hack! Cough... Burst damage. Burst damage!
Jakiro = Easy to use cone-aoe spell with slow. 1 long line stun. An ult that forces enemies to get the heck out of there.
---
There are four lights!
o o o o
#4Bald_MoneyPosted 4/15/2013 1:53:37 PM
Lich. He's super easy to play, is a master of denying exp for the enemy heroes and his ult is amazing for teamfights.
#5SoyPerezosoPosted 4/15/2013 1:55:53 PM
Tidehunter. Just get boots, wards, blink dagger and tp scrolls. When you see a teamfight happening, teleport to the nearest tower, blink in the middle of the crowd. Press R. Proceed to win game.
---
Soul Silver: 2795 0474 5976
#6Sub TankPosted 4/15/2013 2:13:41 PM
Lich. Instant lane control, easy harassment, and an ult that counters 5man dota.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
#7The_PwnisherPosted 4/15/2013 2:22:20 PM
Venomancer, unless your lane partner is a complete idiot you can get first blood most the time.
#8iTz_SLammiPosted 4/15/2013 2:30:02 PM
Kotl, Wisp, Nyx, Shadow Demon, Lina, Leshrac, Jakiro, Rubick, Lion, Crystal Maiden. Those are the best ones I can think of.
---
Twitter: @_SammiB
Steam: iTz_SLammi
#9_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 4/15/2013 4:21:06 PM
Bald_Money posted...
Lich. He's super easy to play, is a master of denying exp for the enemy heroes and his ult is amazing for teamfights.

This. I think that with Lich it is easy to make a positive contribution to the team. Free mana and denies, endless harassing in the laning phase and an ultimate that is extremely useful in team fights (just make sure you do not waste it).

Lion is also a good one. His skills have nothing complicated to them and no real synergy. They are simply a damaga/stun, hex , mana drain and huge nuke. Other heroes will love you for setting up their kills (do not go around saving his ulti for when you see an almost dead opponent that is already being pounded on by a team mate).

They are both supereasy to learn and hard to screw up, item-independent heroes.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#10__Curley__Posted 4/15/2013 6:01:25 PM
iTz_SLammi posted...
Kotl, Wisp, Nyx, Shadow Demon, Lina, Leshrac, Jakiro, Rubick, Lion, Crystal Maiden. Those are the best ones I can think of.

Many of these heroes are very hard to play for a new player
Namely Wisp, shadow demon and leshrac.

New players will mess up kotl because they will illuminate too much and sap farm from their carry.

Lich and Tidehunter are for sure the go-to new heroes.