How to build Ogre Magi?

#1Heyitsan_altPosted 4/16/2013 7:56:39 AM
I play a lot of All Random(80% of my games). As a result, we wind up with some....strange team comps. Lots of times when I random Ogre I wind up in a Tri-lane, but I frequently find myself getting a good bit of farm while doing so due to his great animation, and high base damage. I feel like scepter is meh early on him because he doesn't really have the mana to use the unrefined blast without emptying his pool early on

But Orchid on him seems viable. He already hits like a truck and has the ability to immobilize most hero's/slow them so they can't just run away for the duration.

Hell, next time I get low Priority I wanna go Orchid into Shadow Blade and see If I can channel my inner Gondar.

I also notice that 6 base armor and it kinda blows my mind. Maybe Medallion on him?
#2JaspaI_1XPosted 4/16/2013 8:03:24 AM
Veil of Discord is far cheaper and useful than Orchid on him.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m09a7zU3Wa1r3jsyuo1_500.jpg
#3ChaapPosted 4/16/2013 8:06:52 AM
whatever int item is best for that game. his base stats are great
---
"Some people are just dumb"
#4HireshendoPosted 4/16/2013 8:09:59 AM
I've been playing around with Ogre in CM games and if you watch the pro scene one team (nTH i believe?) used Ogre in a strong bear strat with Lone Druid. I personally love putting him in lineups where you can maximize blood lust. Ogre on a team with Magnus + an AS dependent carry can do serious work by midgame.
#5Heyitsan_alt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 8:25:42 AM
JaspaI_1X posted...
Veil of Discord is far cheaper and useful than Orchid on him.

The buildup on veil sucks. Especially on ogre. I don't see how you can objectively say that. You basically receive minimal benefit until you complete the 2650 item. I'm not a huge fan of items that don't have any real buildup that cost more than a blink dagger
#6woolaysPosted 4/16/2013 8:57:16 AM
Hireshendo posted...
I've been playing around with Ogre in CM games and if you watch the pro scene one team (nTH i believe?) used Ogre in a strong bear strat with Lone Druid. I personally love putting him in lineups where you can maximize blood lust. Ogre on a team with Magnus + an AS dependent carry can do serious work by midgame.

One time I saw a tiny on our team with scepter+level 3 grow+hyperstone

I spammed the crap out of bloodlust on him and he could cleave down anything in seconds.

Also for TC try an orb of venom, its cheap and slow is very useful for ganking.
---
All hail the mighty woolay.
The official Woolays Weapon Idea Archive http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/437678-team-fortress-2/65580412
#7Heyitsan_alt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 8:59:31 AM
woolays posted...
Hireshendo posted...

One time I saw a tiny on our team with scepter+level 3 grow+hyperstone

I spammed the crap out of bloodlust on him and he could cleave down anything in seconds.

Also for TC try an orb of venom, its cheap and slow is very useful for ganking.

I usually grab an orb of venom at the sideshop. It's so good on him and Omni.
#8MasterjimmyPosted 4/16/2013 9:04:21 AM
I like to grab a orb of venom on him also, works like a charm. It varys on what the team needs for how I build him, no support? get a mek/pipe. Have a support? Grab a bloodstone and then a aga :p
---
Jim Chapman quote, Don't ask a question you can't take back. cause whats said is said and some things you never forget.
#9woolaysPosted 4/16/2013 9:05:45 AM
actually, can dagon multicast with him? Probably not, but it could open up some more ganking potential.

Anyway, try for a drum since it has good synergy with bloodlust, possibly a halberd to deal with enemy carries, and possibly a soul ring to help with his mana pool thanks to his giant strength gain.
---
All hail the mighty woolay.
The official Woolays Weapon Idea Archive http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/437678-team-fortress-2/65580412
#10anilEhilatedPosted 4/16/2013 9:32:48 AM
Soul ring is, as far as I can tell, pretty terrible on him. He has absolutely no way to gain health and will get hurt a lot.
---
For who could ever...?