Love games where no one on the team gives up

#1advancewaraddictPosted 4/18/2013 1:13:52 AM(edited)
Just won a game even though we were 2 raxes down.

I honestly believe that people who call gg early and afk in fountain are self-fulfilling prophecies. Especially the ones who say so even though all t3s are up. Comebacks are rare and don't always happen, but a slim chance is better than none (and very satisfying).
#2Bald_MoneyPosted 4/18/2013 1:15:48 AM
I love base races. It's probably the only time during a game when I actually feel excited.
#3aalniusPosted 4/18/2013 1:20:04 AM
advancewaraddict posted...
Just won a game even though we were 2 raxes down.

I honestly believe that people who call gg early and afk in fountain are self-fulfilling prophecies. Especially the ones who say so even though all t3s are up. Comebacks are rare and don't always happen, but a slim chance is better than none (and very satisfying).

its on of the reasons im glad dota doesnt have a surrender option as it'd just be like HoN or every other moba where people cc at 15 because they didnt get first blood or they are 6 kills behind.
---
http://dotabuff.com/players/89497302
#4clo24Posted 4/18/2013 5:23:31 AM
I was on a team that started out 2-10, lost all but 2 of our raxes but then had one good push down the middle late in the game and destroyed the ancient in a single push. The other team was being cocky too and was just speech less after the game.
#5ScarletShinPosted 4/18/2013 6:19:49 AM
I was on a team where in Enigma went Dagon first, got dagger in 40 minutes, only successfully dagger blackholed once. We also had a Drow who didn't want to silence CM. Our mid SF also fed to Sven, only once due to a mid gank with CM, despite multiple reminders on calling MIA.

It's one of those games that I wrestled the urge to rage quit. I just focused on maximizing kills as they fountain dived us.
---
There are four lights!
o o o o
#6taco_ninja393Posted 4/18/2013 10:02:24 AM
I'm still fairly new to Dota (though my moba's), and played Riki because I live stealth champs.

I kind if knew what to do in general about laning and all, lane partner did not and fed 3 or 4 kills to Undying. Partner left the game because he was so mad.

Long story short, won the hour long game 3v5. Honestly one of the most fun video game moments I've had in years.

Same thing kind of happened last night, my first Doom game. Got a quadra kill at 59 minutes in a really bad engage and pushed in to win (even after accidentally selling my Heart instead of the ogre club I had)
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7KOTRsssPosted 4/18/2013 2:18:55 PM
There are games that are lost causes, but it pisses me off to no end when someone calls GG well before anything at all has been decided. It's especially pathetic when they basically do it as a rage response to dying and the implication is that they're blaming their team for their death when 99% of the time it was all them.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#8Sub TankPosted 4/18/2013 2:34:08 PM
The best part is when people call out GG even though the score is something like 7-7.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
#9advancewaraddict(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:04:13 AM
woot! Another amazing comeback game:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/179598682

Score was 0-6 and our silencer dced very early.
We lost all outer towers right away while other team had 5-6 up.
Lost 1 t3 tower but otherwise repelled every single push attempt and slowly crawled our way back to victory.

So lucky to have had teammates that didn't wanna quit.
#10acesxhighPosted 4/23/2013 8:39:38 AM
I think you mean "I love games where the enemy team gives up"
---
TIME TO IMPACT EXCITER
http://i.imgur.com/teH4y.gif