Skywrath vs. Zeus: Battle of the best nuker

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. Skywrath vs. Zeus: Battle of the best nuker

User Info: Alucard65535

Alucard65535
3 years ago#1
Up until this point, Zeus (as far as I know) was considered the best nuker in the game; even ahead of Bane. Will Skywrath Mage change that?
http://www.tf2items.com/id/Alucard65535
PSN: Toahpt

User Info: Harry_McKenzie

Harry_McKenzie
3 years ago#2
Skywrath kills any hero in 1 combo at almost any point in the game, nobody comes even close to his nuke.
Born 2 the life. True 2 the code. Bad 2 the bone.

User Info: Ultima_Weapon33

Ultima_Weapon33
3 years ago#3
Skywrath destroys Zeus easily, both in a "can I kill this hero faster" situation and "1v1 zeus" situation.

That's why he doesn't have a global ability and aoe farming ability.
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA

Alucard65535
3 years ago#4
Okay, I thought so too, but I wanted to ask. I'm a fairly capable Zeus player, and nukers are kind of my thing. A friend of mine is super excited about Skywrath Mage, but I feel like I'm the one who's going to be playing as him.

I'm sorry, Zeus. You've been replaced. Maybe. I think Zeus will always have a special place in my heart though.

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
3 years ago#5
Or maybe you're over dramatizing the situation and you should realise Zeus is still a perfectly viable of a pick.
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

Alucard65535
3 years ago#6
He absolutely is, but I feel like after playing Skywrath, Zeus just won't have the same kind of punch I'd expect. On the other hand, playing Zeus, I won't be screaming at my monitor complaining about how I don't have any mana and "**** this 800 mana cost!"

User Info: Aiphrem

Aiphrem
3 years ago#7
Zeus is cool because his Q is instant, mini stuns and hurts as hell, and his ult is awesome for Killstealing ballerness.

SW mage is cool because e213213214389243821893412 DPS of nuking power
Wrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!
Now playing: DotA 2 and anything else in between

User Info: Paperblade

Paperblade
3 years ago#8
zeus does aoe damage, dragonus does single target
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest

User Info: ScarletShin

ScarletShin
3 years ago#9
I like Skywrath better because he can silence. He can also force enemies to move away from their spots. If you think about it, he has 2 anti-channeling spells.

All Zeus contributes to a fight is damage.
Jar Jar, you're a genius!

User Info: EnragedSlith

EnragedSlith
3 years ago#10
ScarletShin posted...
I like Skywrath better because he can silence. He can also force enemies to move away from their spots. If you think about it, he has 2 anti-channeling spells.

All Zeus contributes to a fight is damage.

It's a lot of damage. A LOT of damage.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. Skywrath vs. Zeus: Battle of the best nuker

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived