I have %s1 left on my mute. How about you guys?

#21BEAMS_ae86Posted 4/24/2013 8:09:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22Tekken9292Posted 4/24/2013 8:19:26 AM
@BEAMS

I appreciate it, but I'm actually normal bracket. The High Bracket games come from a "mentor" friend I have who taught me half the things I know about Dota and got me into the game. Just want to say, though, your point is still completely valid. Maybe some of the posters here know something I don't about Kotr, but it seems to me all these responses are based off of "lol I'm just going to assume he's bad, haha!" and "oh wow, he gets mad at people on the internet it's just a game, chill out!".

And in regards to muting, I'll just restate from earlier this week that my 2nd ban from comms before the fix was received because I stomped as Radiant and had friendly banter all round with the enemy Nyx in all chat, who their team kept continually crying at also in all chat. I literally got muted for friendly conversation because I was talking to somebody ON THE ENEMY TEAM, that the ENEMY TEAM DIDN'T LIKE.

So when someone types some self righteous, assumptious crap like "no I haven't been muted because I'm not a toxic cancer to the community", there's nothing but contempt that I feel for that person.
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.
#23The_PwnisherPosted 4/24/2013 8:23:03 AM
Tekken9292 posted...
I'm not saying anything about blogging it every time. I'm just saying, and even YOU admit that this is a common occurence. So why are you so surprised that people get mad over it? And why are you acting like apologists for these idiots that you yourself also call idiots? Is it really the people who take offense to bad players that are the problem here? Isn't it the bad players and the fact that the matchmaking is inadequeate at filtering people that auto attack and nuke creep waves as KotL from people that have an understanding of creep control?

The matchmaking is not some cruel person that decides that because you are on a 10 win streak to find all the worst players and put them on your team. I am not surprised people are mad about it but people also overrate their own skill level, you can be mad that you get a russian Pudge that buys a bottle but telling everyone about it does not do anyone any good.

By flaming the person you think is playing badly you are just making yourself look like an ass. You don't know the reason for their poor performance unless they are blatantly trolling. And if you are stuck in bronze where you consistently get bad players it is not your teams fault, find people to play with that are in the same situation and see if you can actually get out of the bracket you say you are stuck in.

Kotearss gets made fun of because he does the same thing Earthshaker has done in the past, make a topic after every wrong thing that has happened to him in game expecting sympathy and blaming the loss entirely on his teammates.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3IUWgb.jpg
#24pinkpantherfan5Posted 4/24/2013 8:26:16 AM
Just going on a tangent but I'm guessing you said something similar to
"Omg get a BKB you ****ing noob" instead of something like "You're gonna need a bkb against their team"
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#25tcaz2Posted 4/24/2013 8:26:39 AM
It has nothing to do with 'tolerating' bad behavior, it entirely has to do with how you react to it.

Someone playing bad? Go "CM, can you ward?" instead of "Go ward noob CM" or "Can you please stop pushing the creep wave by auto attacking?" instead of "OMG stop pushing the creep wave you idiot!!" goes a long way with people.

And you know, sometimes people just have bad games. It happens. I don't consider myself good at all (I'm still in the normal bracket and only have been playing for a few months) but I generally try to play well, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. There have been a couple games where I've just done awful and fed the crap out of the enemy team. So, instead of blaming it on someone else, I just say over chat a few times "Sorry I'm feeding, I don't mean to. Doing really bad this game. :(" and most people will usually understand.

Yeah, sometimes you'll get a jerk, but all you need to do then is not respond and mute THEM instead using the in-game mute option.

It's really not that hard. Try it some time, you might find you like it.
#26shingaidenPosted 4/24/2013 8:35:39 AM(edited)
^^^ Yes.

If you act like a belligerent ass to people, they're going to do worse. Get muted.

Think about it, if someone calls you an ******* or says you're horrible at the game, why the hell would any cooperation occur? What makes you think being an ass will magically make your team do what you want?

Anyways I'm in a higher bracket than you so don't start with "you're one of those bads" BS.
#27acesxhighPosted 4/24/2013 8:36:29 AM
Tekken9292 posted...
I envy this topic's posters. Apparently they are some sort of saints that can shrug off such things like insultingly bad player behaviour.

I flame all the time and still haven't been muted. Most of the time when I play pos 1, I get some terrible support stealing my farm, at which point I tell them to uninstall. When the last picker picks the 5th carry on our team, I tell them to uninstall.
---
TIME TO IMPACT EXCITER
http://i.imgur.com/teH4y.gif
#28Aqua69696Posted 4/24/2013 8:36:33 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."

Why do you use literature as an example? It seems to me that in literature (as in novels, not as in papers published in scientific journals) there is a lot of room for interpretation and appreciation for it is always subjective. Seems like it contradicts what you are trying to say.

Really it doesn't. You could say "This is good in my opinion" about ANYTHING. His point gets made very well, dumbass teenagers try and say that nothing like books or video games can be subjectively better than other books or video games, when that is untrue, which is why academic fields like literature exist.

Guy 1: "Eragon is the best book ever written"
Guy 2: "It has many flaws in it that prevent it from being even close to the best book ever written, and most of the story and world is ripped off from other successful books and movies"
Guy 1: "Well that's just your opinion and I disagree, in my opinion, Eragon is the best book ever written"
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#29Alternative_1Posted 4/24/2013 8:59:48 AM(edited)
I can't even begin to comprehend what you're trying to argue here. I would be happier if I just knew you were trolling me. Even the implication of Valve's matchmaking being so thorough as to match me the way you explain is just...... delusional!

You are SO freaking lost. No seriously, you're off the record, off the maps. You're uncharted. You're currently posting from a hidden safehouse in Atlantis. That is how lost you are in regards to your thoughts.

lol

The MM is far from perfect, but if you're constantly getting matched with bad players it's because you're bad. You even just admitted you're in normal bracket. Why are you expecting people to be good when you're clearly not? And no, the old "BUT. . .BUT I'M BETTER THAN THEM!!" argument doesn't work - you will frequently get matched with teammates who are better than you - in fact, 50% of the time you will be.

Aqua69696 posted...
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."

Why do you use literature as an example? It seems to me that in literature (as in novels, not as in papers published in scientific journals) there is a lot of room for interpretation and appreciation for it is always subjective. Seems like it contradicts what you are trying to say.

Really it doesn't. You could say "This is good in my opinion" about ANYTHING. His point gets made very well, dumbass teenagers try and say that nothing like books or video games can be subjectively better than other books or video games, when that is untrue, which is why academic fields like literature exist.

Guy 1: "Eragon is the best book ever written"
Guy 2: "It has many flaws in it that prevent it from being even close to the best book ever written, and most of the story and world is ripped off from other successful books and movies"
Guy 1: "Well that's just your opinion and I disagree, in my opinion, Eragon is the best book ever written"

Complete nonsense. There is no objective "best book", nor can there be. There are objective ways to measure books, in which some can be better than others. You can argue that a novel or whatever has certain characteristics which you deem good, and that's all well and fine, but if someone thinks Eragon is the best book in the world then that is indisputable - that's how they feel based on whatever categories they use to judge it, and they are not wrong, no matter how much you'd like to think otherwise.

You can only be wrong within a framework with objectivity. That's why maths is the typical example given when people say "It's just my opinion!!" - maths has a clear logical framework, and thus you can be clearly wrong within it. Literature does not have such a framework unless explicitly stated. It can, of course, be stated, but it is not implicit.
---
Russia is NOT in Western Europe.
#30BEAMS_ae86Posted 4/24/2013 9:38:38 AM
Tekken9292 posted...
@BEAMS

I appreciate it, but I'm actually normal bracket. The High Bracket games come from a "mentor" friend I have who taught me half the things I know about Dota and got me into the game. Just want to say, though, your point is still completely valid. Maybe some of the posters here know something I don't about Kotr, but it seems to me all these responses are based off of "lol I'm just going to assume he's bad, haha!" and "oh wow, he gets mad at people on the internet it's just a game, chill out!".

And in regards to muting, I'll just restate from earlier this week that my 2nd ban from comms before the fix was received because I stomped as Radiant and had friendly banter all round with the enemy Nyx in all chat, who their team kept continually crying at also in all chat. I literally got muted for friendly conversation because I was talking to somebody ON THE ENEMY TEAM, that the ENEMY TEAM DIDN'T LIKE.

So when someone types some self righteous, assumptious crap like "no I haven't been muted because I'm not a toxic cancer to the community", there's nothing but contempt that I feel for that person.

not u bro i mean this KOTRSS fellow. all peeps hate on him.

But all bright blessings to you and your crew. I am born 92 and i like tekken also.
---
I arrive your screen from the neighbourwifi...thanks, god bless..you...