How to get free HUD skins.

#1Tekken9292Posted 4/24/2013 6:42:34 AM(edited)
So I just realized there's an exploit in the game right now that you can use to basically get free HUDs.

Basically, if you meet a player who has one of the custom HUDs, and enable it in your match through the share tab, it will stay on for SUBSEQUENT matches, until you close the game, or switch it out again. Now the thing is, this also works for replays as well! (Or at least it does for me, although I'm sure it's not just a bug specific to me.)

So all you need to do is, let's say you'd like to have the Dire HUD. Play matches until you meet a player that shares the Dire HUD, or alternatively find a replay, if you know someone who has it, that shares it. In either case, download the replay of the match and load it up once every time you start Dota. Switch the Dire HUD on, close the replay and you're done.
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.
#2BEAMS_ae86Posted 4/24/2013 8:40:39 AM
Thats good info but i actually found all HUDs so far pretty distracting to my eyes.

I had one game with 4 HUDs available and i actually used the default since it is the darkest. not sure why

Death prophet announce on the other hand, i use it any chance i get
---
I arrive your screen from the neighbourwifi...thanks, god bless..you...
#3aalniusPosted 4/24/2013 12:10:59 PM
its not really getting the skins for free unless you never turn your game off in which case the cost of electricity would outweigh the cost of you buying the skins
---
http://dotabuff.com/players/89497302
#4Aqua69696Posted 4/24/2013 12:16:43 PM
BEAMS_ae86 posted...
Thats good info but i actually found all HUDs so far pretty distracting to my eyes.

I had one game with 4 HUDs available and i actually used the default since it is the darkest. not sure why

You must have not heard the Jug announcer so. Best announcer ever.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#5Aqua69696Posted 4/24/2013 12:16:44 PM
BEAMS_ae86 posted...

---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#6mantana888Posted 4/24/2013 12:26:48 PM
BEAMS_ae86 posted...

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#7Destiny510Posted 4/24/2013 1:04:35 PM
BEAMS_ae86 posted...

#8Pokerkid777Posted 4/24/2013 1:06:40 PM
Destiny510 posted...
BEAMS_ae86 posted...

you misspelled bastion
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#9Tsukoyomi1Posted 4/24/2013 1:25:23 PM
There are other ways to get free HUD skins without having to do any of that, just saying.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/HandsofFate
#10BEAMS_ae86Posted 4/24/2013 2:03:32 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
Destiny510 posted...
BEAMS_ae86 posted...

you misspelled bastion

I hate that rubbish. Not sure who or what he is but he just sounds like the american people off TV.

And juggernaut i never heard that one either. i hate storm though.
---
I arrive your screen from the neighbourwifi...thanks, god bless..you...