just had the most intriguing slark player I've ever seen

#111Ephemeral1Posted 4/28/2013 3:31:28 PM
SwaglockHolmes posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
SwaglockHolmes posted...
tl'dr

ur ass

stop congesting this board with stupic arguments when ur too much of a coward to post ur own dotabuff

Stop flaming this board with stupid fallacies when you're too much of an @$$ to act like a grown up.

At least one of those "top 20" players even admitted he's never used SB on Slark. Doesn't exactly lend a lot of credibility to his argument.

he understands why it's legit and sensible though

and that's the difference between you and him

I'd say there's a few more differences between him and me than just that.
#112xoAxeloxPosted 4/28/2013 3:32:53 PM
nobody ever said lothars slark was the only way to play him

they just said it was a viable choice on him
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#113Ephemeral1Posted 4/28/2013 3:36:23 PM(edited)
xoAxelox posted...
nobody ever said lothars slark was the only way to play him

they just said it was a viable choice on him

And I said there are better choices. Between that and how I chose to describe Slark (which I still think is a fair assessment, if you re-read my clarification), I have been labelled a baddy. Sounds legit.
#114LookANinjaPosted 4/28/2013 3:35:42 PM
Like MoM Basher. Kappa
---
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/56/picturesig.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b8HCz.gif
#115SwaglockHolmesPosted 4/28/2013 3:39:25 PM
Ephemeral1 posted...
xoAxelox posted...
lol

youre completely missing every point

lothars isnt redundant. slark's shadow dance isnt true invisibility, you can see the cloud moving around. being able to move freely when completely invisible makes ganking with him much more effective.

post your dotabuff if you're so keen on proving you arent terrible at dota. you're probably not even high enough MMR to match good players on a daily basis.

I can read tool tips, but again, thanks. Having double invisibility for the sake of escaping, which is Slark's forte, is definitely redundant. I've already touched on how Slark is perfectly capable of ganking without the almighty SB. So no, I'm not missing anyone's point. I'm asserting my own.

Watching my replays might show you that I'm a mediocre player, but it won't invalidate what I've said about items. Kind of like how calling you a pretentious, condescending, rude, and hypocritical individual doesn't necessarily invalidate the technical (and still subjective) points you've made. It's called an ad hominem argument, and I get the impression that watching my replays and seeing that I'm not a professional is only going to fuel your fallacies. No thanks.

wait a sec

u do realize the shadow blade is gotten for it's offensive potential and initiation ability right

u don't get the double invis to escape XD

holy bejesus ur some booty sweat
---
SFTBNTWTFH
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mikoow/ trade me dope items
#116Ephemeral1Posted 4/28/2013 3:47:54 PM
SwaglockHolmes posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
xoAxelox posted...
lol

lothars isnt redundant. slark's shadow dance isnt true invisibility, you can see the cloud moving around. being able to move freely when completely invisible makes ganking with him much more effective.

post your dotabuff if you're so keen on proving you arent terrible at dota. you're probably not even high enough MMR to match good players on a daily basis.

I can read tool tips, but again, thanks. Having double invisibility for the sake of escaping, which is Slark's forte, is definitely redundant. I've already touched on how Slark is perfectly capable of ganking without the almighty SB. So no, I'm not missing anyone's point. I'm asserting my own.

Watching my replays might show you that I'm a mediocre player, but it won't invalidate what I've said about items. Kind of like how calling you a pretentious, condescending, rude, and hypocritical individual doesn't necessarily invalidate the technical (and still subjective) points you've made. It's called an ad hominem argument, and I get the impression that watching my replays and seeing that I'm not a professional is only going to fuel your fallacies. No thanks.

wait a sec

u do realize the shadow blade is gotten for it's offensive potential and initiation ability right

Please compare "I've already touched on how Slark is perfectly capable of ganking without the almighty SB" vis-a-vis "u do realize the shadow blade is gotten for it's offensive potential and initiation ability right."

You can initiate without SB, and there are better items with offensive potential. That is why I called SB sub par. It doesn't get much simpler than that, but if you want to keep taking portions of individual posts out of context, be my guest.
#117SwaglockHolmesPosted 4/28/2013 3:50:42 PM
Ephemeral1 posted...
SwaglockHolmes posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
xoAxelox posted...
lol

wait a sec

Please compare "I've already touched on how Slark is perfectly capable of ganking without the almighty SB" vis-a-vis "u do realize the shadow blade is gotten for it's offensive potential and initiation ability right."

You can initiate without SB, and there are better items with offensive potential. That is why I called SB sub par. It doesn't get much simpler than that, but if you want to keep taking portions of individual posts out of context, be my guest.

what's better than +30 Damage
+30 Attack speed
and
Shadow Walk Play
Ability Affects Damage
No Target Self Physical
Makes you invisible until the duration ends, or until you attack or cast a spell. While Shadow Walk is active, you move 20% faster and can move through units. If attacking to break the invisibility, you gain 150 bonus damage on that attack. Lasts 12 seconds.
18 75

for 3000

+ the synergy between shadow walk and shadow dance

gimme better offensive items for 3k that force the other team's supports to buy detection

i wanna hear da genius
---
SFTBNTWTFH
#118Ephemeral1Posted 4/28/2013 4:07:02 PM
SwaglockHolmes posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
SwaglockHolmes posted...
Ephemeral1 posted...
xoAxelox posted...
lol

wait a sec

what's better than +30 Damage
+30 Attack speed
and
Shadow Walk Play
Ability Affects Damage
No Target Self Physical
Makes you invisible until the duration ends, or until you attack or cast a spell. While Shadow Walk is active, you move 20% faster and can move through units. If attacking to break the invisibility, you gain 150 bonus damage on that attack. Lasts 12 seconds.
18 75

for 3000

+ the synergy between shadow walk and shadow dance

gimme better offensive items for 3k that force the other team's supports to buy detection

i wanna hear da genius

Any item that doesn't lose half its utility as soon as the opposing team buys detection, but then I'm assuming we're talking about high level play, since everyone here but me seems to be a pro. This isn't LoL - itemization in Dota is focused on space economy, not gold economy. Three thousand gold may be a bargain buy for the whole package, but then you WILL get 6-slotted, and 30 damage / AS is going to be obsoleted real fast.
#119SwaglockHolmesPosted 4/28/2013 4:18:16 PM(edited)
You didn't even name an item. XD

So your argument against buying Shadow Blade on Slark is that once he becomes six slotted it's outclassed by other items, such as a Butterfly. Okay. How often is a Slark going to draw out a game to the point where that's even a concern, especially if they open with an item as aggressive as Shadow blade?

The other team buying detection doesn't marginalize the utility of shadow blade at all. Does the other team have sentries and vision up on every possible path you can take to gank their lanes and jungle?

Now you've forced the other team's supports, (who are already squishy enough) to stick near their carries (whom you can easily kill with sb) with detection. This means they get less exp, less farm and have trouble scaling into mid and late game, and also makes it harder for them to go around doing things such as warding on their own.

So you force the other team's supports to buy detection instead of survivability/utility/positioning items and force the other team to either 5man or play grouped up, because anyone caught solo against a slark that can run around the map invisible with impunity is dead.

Good. You're not only taking map control away from every member of the other team then, but you're also buying your teammates space and farm.

All this for 3k. Man what a legit ****ing item on this hero. I can tell your logical argument against shadow blade boils down to "hrr drr if you buy wards that item loses half it's potential!!!", and that says a lot about your understanding of map control and support play/ganking in high level games.
---
SFTBNTWTFH
#120King_of_donkeysPosted 4/28/2013 4:16:49 PM
Any item that doesn't lose half its utility as soon as the opposing team buys detection, but then I'm assuming we're talking about high level play, since everyone here but me seems to be a pro. This isn't LoL - itemization in Dota is focused on space economy, not gold economy. Three thousand gold may be a bargain buy for the whole package, but then you WILL get 6-slotted, and 30 damage / AS is going to be obsoleted real fast.

I just lol'd at the idea of slark still being relevant while 6-slotted
---
Dislikes: Haters, Elitists, Narrow-minded fools