I don't understand human beings who play dota

#1AiphremPosted 4/30/2013 8:06:54 PM
me and my friend end up playing against a 5 stack of asians playing on US servers. First randoms PL, and the rest of the picks are Wisp, Kotl and Nyx (there was an ursa there, I guess cuz they wanted to combo wisp and ursa). They stomp us because our supports never got sentries, then when they are ending, I say they are a bit try hard for their picks, and they proceed to trash talk us, call everyone bad, and when we ask them why they don't play on their own servers, they say something about no one on their server being good enough for them.

I'm baffled that people can be this dumb. None of them were good either, I beat the nyx mid with kunkka, death prophet and juggernaut dominated the keeper PL lane, and nyx was always diving the entire team to get one pick off (dying immediately after). Anyways I just wanted to share this, I know you are more than aware that there are idiots playing this game, but this game..... man. I tell ya.
---
Wrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!
Now playing: DotA 2 and anything else in between
#2NewAnimeFanDVPosted 4/30/2013 8:09:14 PM
I am actually noticing a lot more SEA players playing on servers that aren't their own, with this exact same mindset.
---
The official Flail Girl(Seven) of the Final Fantasy XIII: Agito(Type-0) board
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198019233909
#3aalniusPosted 4/30/2013 8:12:21 PM
apparently there is issues with sea servers atm, saying that i play with some people from that region on my friends list every now and then and they are quite nice.

there are bad people in every region but tbh if your supports arn't buying sentries after asking them just buy them yourself if you were really dominating as well as you say then it wouldnt have put you out much.
---
http://dotabuff.com/players/89497302
#4PooiPosted 4/30/2013 8:12:49 PM
Nyx, actually doesn't win a lot of lanes, he just goes mid for the exp. Also his extra HP regen + carapace makes him hard to kill.
#5Aiphrem(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:15:32 PM
Ah well, I didn't know their servers were bad. And as for nyx, The thing is he was going to gank other lanes, but failing miserably. He only managed to be useful with his spikes. I sort of dominated for the first 10 minutes, but then everything went downhill when ursa got fed (supports didn't ward rosh after they were asked, ursa got aegis, **** started to go downhill from there), PL farmed a manta and a diffusal because he is PL, all lanes were pushed because KotL is kotl, etc.
---
Wrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!
#6Kharn99Posted 4/30/2013 8:17:39 PM
I really hate that feeling when the other team is bad, makes bad decisions, and buy bad items (Bfury on TA, Aghs on Void, etc) but your team is just worst and so when they're winning they start trash talking you about your lack of skill.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chosen40k/
League of Legends = checkers DotA 2 = chess
#7Aiphrem(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:24:21 PM
sigh... happening again. Had a huskar on my team that went out of his way to feed. Constantly solo pushing without anyone and diving the first person he sees defending the tower (dying immediately after), buidling a shadow blade (30 min he had shadow blade, hotd and treads), farming instead of fighting in team fights (I swear, for the first 30 minutes, he was NEVER in a team fight, instead trying to solo push or farming or whatever).

He then said something in a foreign language, precising to us that he was chinese, then it all made sense. Ok well what I take from this is chinese are amazing at dota in high bracket, but in medium bracket, they're the worst pieces of trash the world has ever seen.

I also learned from that game that vlads is not always core on lycan, and drums are a terrible item for him.
---
Wrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy!
#8ScarletShinPosted 5/1/2013 6:22:37 AM
None of them were good either, I beat the nyx mid with kunkka, death prophet and juggernaut dominated the keeper PL lane, and nyx was always diving the entire team to get one pick off (dying immediately after). Anyways I just wanted to share this, I know you are more than aware that there are idiots playing this game, but this game..... man. I tell ya.

Perhaps they're better than you give them credit for. First, you seriously need to remove that "try hard" mindset - they really wanted to win, so they picked what they thought were good heroes that suited their playstyle. It's not their fault that you picked a hero that's sub-optimal to you. Second, winning in the early game does not make you the better player. So don't go assuming that "none of them were good" because you won your early game. If your supports don't ward especially when there's a Wisp Ursa, then maybe your supports aren't as good as you think. Third, from your post (and that alone) you cast the first stone in calling them "try hards" which got them to respond by trash talking you. Then you throw an irrelevant question of why they're not playing in their own servers. Keep your trash talking to "lolz, can't hit with stun" or "vlads first ursa, trololol". The minute you start talking about factors outside the game you're playing is the minute you become the angry German kid.
---
"What you are attempting is not against the law. It is however, extremely foolish."
(Cancel)
#9crunchy612Posted 5/1/2013 6:29:20 AM
I've been playing near exclusively in Aus lately, SEA is just crapping itself for the past week and a half after my net was fixed.

Hopefully the next patch fixes this. Also Greevil textures.
---
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
"My scouter broke. The awkward level is off the charts." - nickcool1996, accurately describing Miyako Hotsuin.
#10KOTRsssPosted 5/1/2013 6:48:27 AM
ScarletShin posted...
Perhaps they're better than you give them credit for. First, you seriously need to remove that "try hard" mindset - they really wanted to win, so they picked what they thought were good heroes that suited their playstyle. It's not their fault that you picked a hero that's sub-optimal to you. Second, winning in the early game does not make you the better player. So don't go assuming that "none of them were good" because you won your early game. If your supports don't ward especially when there's a Wisp Ursa, then maybe your supports aren't as good as you think. Third, from your post (and that alone) you cast the first stone in calling them "try hards" which got them to respond by trash talking you. Then you throw an irrelevant question of why they're not playing in their own servers. Keep your trash talking to "lolz, can't hit with stun" or "vlads first ursa, trololol". The minute you start talking about factors outside the game you're playing is the minute you become the angry German kid.

1) They werent playing CM. Without bans, lineup balance goes out the window. They drafted an uncontested lineup of the best heroes in the game. Why do you not see the issue here?

2) Winning early game does make you the better player if you outlane your opponents. Farming with a PL and carrying late game, on the other hand, does not make you the better player.

3) Why are you assuming he was defending the supports on his team? He said he queued with his friend.

Man what a bad post.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."