solo mid pudge

#1c2water099Posted 5/11/2013 3:09:46 PM
I had a hard time with Naix mid and DK mid. Any tips? Particularly with melee heroes, as I tend to hook ranged and kill them easily...
#2AllHailTheDead6Posted 5/11/2013 3:12:23 PM
hook into the towers is all you can really do against them

its better to sneak off and go destroy the low hp heroes since those are what pudge can easily pray on and it helps your other lanes even more

if your not constantly ganking and setting up kills for your carry/other teammates then your not doing a very good job. Pudge does not scale very well late game and will be pretty useless without good farm
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#3afewmangosPosted 5/11/2013 3:13:00 PM
try bottlecrowing to minimize the damage taken from harassment

if they can't be killed in a single combo, either ask for ganks or go ganking, because it's pretty much no use to be stalemated at mid where you won't do as well as someone like DK with equivalent farm. pudge excels at snowballing, so you need those early kills to be useful through the mid game.
---
i liek mudkipz
#4c2water099(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 3:13:47 PM
Yeah really need to ask for ganks kinda hard when I'm muted but multiple pings do help.
#5xoAxeloxPosted 5/11/2013 3:14:08 PM
naix is the bane of pudge, he counters him in every possible way and theres not a whole lot to do against him except try not to die

as for dk its in favor of dk because of dragon breath but if you get a good hook on him into tower range at 6 it should be winnable
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#6Bald_MoneyPosted 5/11/2013 3:14:24 PM
Well lifestealer is a pretty hard counter to pudge so don't expect to attain a success rate of over 45%. DK is also pretty tough to deal with; he's durable enough to absorb a lot of punishment and he can stun you and walk away if you're slow on the dismember.
#7c2water099(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 3:15:04 PM
Bald_Money posted...
Well lifestealer is a pretty hard counter to pudge so don't expect to attain a success rate of over 45%. DK is also pretty tough to deal with; he's durable enough to absorb a lot of punishment and he can stun you and walk away if you're slow on the dismember.

Yeah man I felt so helpless didn't expect him to come mid.
#8Bald_MoneyPosted 5/11/2013 3:27:37 PM
actually any smart dragon knight will shift queue dragon tail to make it literally impossible to dismember combo him
#9Ultima_Weapon33Posted 5/11/2013 3:50:23 PM
Pudge unfortunately is a pretty sucky middle. You have to suck it up, lose most matchups and hope your hooks are godly/your enemies are idiots.
---
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA
#10c2water099(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:32:09 PM
Ultima_Weapon33 posted...
Pudge unfortunately is a pretty sucky middle. You have to suck it up, lose most matchups and hope your hooks are godly/your enemies are idiots.

This so much :)