pro tip medusa players

#11KOTRsssPosted 5/12/2013 10:32:24 AM
You're not supposed to worry about damage until you have split shot maxed, and you need snake to do anything at all early game and you need mana shield to not die in 3 seconds.

Linkens is very helpful. Focusing on damage is just going to turn her into a really awful mid game carry.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#12SnakeEyes170Posted 5/12/2013 11:40:39 AM
Tekken9292 posted...
Daedalus -> Linken's -> Manta -> Skadi if you want to contribute to the match whatsoever instead of farming for 50 minutes.

yea let me contribute something to a match by rushing an item that scales off of my base damage without having troll warlord on the team
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#13c2water099(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:45:55 PM
KOTRsss posted...
You're not supposed to worry about damage until you have split shot maxed, and you need snake to do anything at all early game and you need mana shield to not die in 3 seconds.

Linkens is very helpful. Focusing on damage is just going to turn her into a really awful mid game carry.

Carries are supposed to worry about damage... tired of these Medusa's who contribute nothing to fights when we desperately need them to kill things and defend (which = farm idc what anybody says) because they will push rax before you are fat.

And yes, Midas is nice because it keeps your GPM and EPM high. I get Midas on Doom all the time I notice no difference in my contribution early game and alot of the time I carry with Doom. Best early game item for Doom is Vanguard (lame) anyways so wtf right jus get the Midas high GPM.

Most of the game is farmfest till everyone gathers up for 5 man doto anyways. Come on I know you people have had useless Medusa's who can't carry cuz they can't kill anything.
#14TME_GuyPosted 5/12/2013 2:29:19 PM
Yeah go get damage items and be a glass cannon that can be CC'd down to hell.
---
"NOMOBUYO, OSHI, HASHITAWA, DOGEDA, GUNMICHA, DE, RIBURA!"
#15Alternative_1Posted 5/12/2013 2:41:29 PM
Why are you moaning that the most farm dependent hero in the game is focused on late game?

I mean, argue that they shouldn't random/pick Medusa in the first place because she's bad if you like, but complaining about the style of play here is silly.
---
Russia is NOT in Western Europe.
#16PirahnoPlantmanPosted 5/12/2013 3:22:48 PM
Carries are supposed to worry about damage

Hard to break it to you. But a carry like Medusa isn't a carry the same way a Luna is a carry or an Antimage is a carry. Medusa "carries" because she is practically impossible to kill with items, glass cannon dps isn't her thing. It's being supremely tanky while split shot makes it so that she's still a threat to everyone around her.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EternalFreeWeekend Eternal Free Weekend stream group is open for all :D